What's new

Americain Indian Metal Artifacts - Has Anybody Picked up Them?

SuchMuch

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2017
Messages
97
Reaction score
135
Golden Thread
0
Location
St.Petersburg
Detector(s) used
AKA Sorex Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Has anybody been lucky to pick up American Indian metal artifacts? How do they really look like?
I failed to find threads with subject finds... Pls point me where I can read about them?!

:hello:
 
Upvote 0
??? Are you serious ???
Yeah, didn't you notice the lack of an 'LOL' or cute emoticons?
Google "Bronze Age Map" then "images" and you'll notice it mostly only covered Europe and parts of the middle east...Geographically that's a very small part of the world so No, not "everywhere".
 
I didn't find these, but these are from the Copper Culture of Wisconsin and were acquired by trade.
 

Attachments

  • 2016-03-03 14.09.40.webp
    2016-03-03 14.09.40.webp
    44.7 KB · Views: 78
  • 2016-03-03 14.10.15.webp
    2016-03-03 14.10.15.webp
    29.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 2016-03-03 14.10.24.webp
    2016-03-03 14.10.24.webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 76
  • 2016-03-03 14.10.36.webp
    2016-03-03 14.10.36.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 82
Very cool Grim, I also have one copper awl I got in trade from WI.
How big is that one fish hook?
 
Nice examples everyone!
Speaking of fish hooks, the fur trade collectors get excited over Kirby hooks and I have found some at various sites.....

P1090350.webp

P1090359.webp

Of course I'll take them but I find the Native ones more exciting.
Like these ones made from awls....

P1080313.webp

I have a couple more awl fish hooks from others sites, so this isn't an isolated case.

Sure these rosette nails got bent from normal use but how many here were used as fish hooks?

P1110051.webp

I was quite happy with this find......

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/fur-trade-artifacts/301722-rolled-copper-hair-tubes-not-always.html

Back to the first picture.... Has anyone found the trim to an iron or kettle point?

P1090368.webp
 
Nice display of gun parts kansa54.
Thanks 11KBP. I'm amazed at the number of gun parts I have found. They sure must have scavenged a lot of different guns.
Sure wish I could go back in time and see all that went on their.
 
i am assuming those are from old trade guns which i understand often were more useful as clubs than guns after a while.
 
20150916_162641.webp20150916_162732.webp20150916_162701.webp
only metal i have found. it's non ferrous, really heavy. from the response i've gotten about it, speculation has pointed towards a crudely forged nose ring. i really am happy to have found it. found in the proximity of my benton cache.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom