What's new

American Airlines - old thinga ma bob?

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2003
Messages
1,771
Reaction score
610
Golden Thread
1
Location
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trying to find out what this is and or what it might have been
used for. It says American Airlines on the side.
Looks like it may have attached to one of those beaded chains at one time.
Anyone know for sure what it is?
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0625.webp
    DSCN0625.webp
    23.7 KB · Views: 388
  • DSCN0626.webp
    DSCN0626.webp
    10.9 KB · Views: 378
Cargo bag seal?

Scott
 
Upvote 0
whats odd is the Letters look
Singularly hand punched.
Not machine made.

Either it's real early
or somones personal made item.

DSCN0625.webp
 
Upvote 0
Maybe some kind of tamper evident seal for a food cart? Here's a pic of a modern plastic one:

minijawlock-app.jpg


DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
All good guesses, but I'm not sure any hit the mark.
I suspect this is from the 30-40's which would make tamper evident things
not really a necessity. Nobody cared about this stuff before 9/11 (except maybe on a mailbag).
I was thinking it may have been something that would attach to your luggage for some reason.
Maybe I should ask Mark Parker!!
 
Upvote 0
coinshooter said:
All good guesses, but I'm not sure any hit the mark.
I suspect this is from the 30-40's which would make tamper evident things
not really a necessity. Nobody cared about this stuff before 9/11 (except maybe on a mailbag).
I was thinking it may have been something that would attach to your luggage for some reason.
Maybe I should ask Mark Parker!!

it reminds me of a key fob,
or luggage tag actually.

but is odd
 
Upvote 0
Heres a salt shaker with similar markings.
 

Attachments

  • american airlines.webp
    american airlines.webp
    6.4 KB · Views: 244
Upvote 0
AU, that makes sense (cargo bag seal). Still, would like to see some proof somewhere though.
I need to look futher into this one.
Any idea on how old that salt shaker is?
 
Upvote 0
coinshooter said:
Any idea on how old that salt shaker is?
Sorry I lost the link but it didnt say much.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom