Michaelangelo
Sr. Member
- #1
Thread Owner
While I was watching American Pickers and noticing all the old places they visit I had an idea (or a brain fart!!).
How about a show called American Detectors where they show every aspect of what we do and all the interesting things we find? They can promote all the great things about our hobby-from tot lot detecting to Civil War camp finds to returning lost items to owners. Maybe one of the leading detector manufacturers could sponsor it and advertise their products-can't think of a better way to get folks to buy from them. Show a different real life hunt every week.
I know a lot of folks will say it would only add more competition for places to hunt and bring out every Tom, Dick, and Harry that think they will strike it rich, but if I were a manufacturer I would seriously look into the opportunity.
What do you think?
How about a show called American Detectors where they show every aspect of what we do and all the interesting things we find? They can promote all the great things about our hobby-from tot lot detecting to Civil War camp finds to returning lost items to owners. Maybe one of the leading detector manufacturers could sponsor it and advertise their products-can't think of a better way to get folks to buy from them. Show a different real life hunt every week.
I know a lot of folks will say it would only add more competition for places to hunt and bring out every Tom, Dick, and Harry that think they will strike it rich, but if I were a manufacturer I would seriously look into the opportunity.
What do you think?



before the first commercial break. There is nothing of interest that will keep you in front of a TV while someone digs a holes and "may" find something of interest. I liked some of your ideas, but this could never be a series. It could make a nice one time special if done right. Value would have to be discussed as that is one of the only points of interest for the majority of people. If an interesting item was found, you would have it appraised, that's part of what keeps "Pawn Stars" on the air.








