vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Like all shows - you take away what you want. Some things I can relate to and other's amaze (BS) me. I also like watching Gun related shows and approach them the same way. Watch and enjoy and when you start yelling at the TV - don't watch anymore!
killingme.gif

Lafitte Deux

Jan 19, 2012
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That show is as real as the "wrestling" Savage used to do.
Staged finds, staged sales.................

bryanleemc

Mar 31, 2013
Richland, WA
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75, Gerrett 750
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been working film productions since mid 90's and joined Screen Actors Guild in 99. It's all produced. A story needs drama so it's added or casting will include personalities they know will go against each other. Just like Ice Cold Gold... Do you really think that in their last day, last chance, they finally found rubies?
IMO, the only show close to a true Reality show would by Deadliest Catch.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's only as real as u think spots are nice where they go give them that

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's only as real as u think spots are nice where they go give them that

No, because this implies that it IS real if you want it to be.

The entire show is scripted, all the finds are planted. If you read the fine print of the show's disclaimer it says they it is all "re-creations" of past finds. The only problem is that he never found any of this stuff in the past either.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha wow I never saw that I know most the shows are scriptd I didn't know his were all recreations whatever just another show on tv

team sidewinder

Apr 14, 2013
SW MONTANA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 705 , CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:censored: Hate this show and Rick Savage is a big jerk. I love it when the people tell him to get the :censored: off their property. Gives us real metal detectors a black eye when we ask for permission to hunt properties. I also love that I have the off button option not to watch it after I saw the first show.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha wow I never saw that I know most the shows are scriptd I didn't know his were all recreations whatever just another show on tv

It's the same type thing they show on Auction Hunters, also on spike. I'm sure if you checked the repo show, or tenants one, and who knows what else, you'd also see a disclaimer that it's complete BS. Reality at one time meant real, but the crazier things got, the better the ratings were, and at the end of the day all the show creators care about is the numbers. I still watch quite a few of them, but usually just the ones that are a game like Big Brother, or the crime type ones like First 48. The rest I leave to the no minds with their Saturday night wrestling.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen a few I just dont pay attention enough to c the disclaimers & what they really are ur right though reality is not real on tv no more

OP
OP
davinci

davinci

Jan 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen a few I just dont pay attention enough to c the disclaimers & what they really are ur right though reality is not real on tv no more

Is cops real? I know that repo show usually is scripted

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You want to see a real shocking disclaimer? Look for the "Western Sky" loan commercials if they air in your area. We were laughing at it one day so I backed up the DVR and paused on the small print. Pulled out a calculator to figure up the total payments. It's shocking to say the least.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, my dreams have now been shattered. Next thing you guys will try to tell me is that prostitution is legal in Nevada and that Dr. Pepper "10" ain't for old guys either!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prostitution IS legal in some parts of Nevada, just not everywhere.

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only two things in this world you can truly believe are professional wrestling and roller derby...:laughing7:

scott9050

Apr 8, 2013
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Teknetics Omega 8500
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is scripted and a lot of things left out. If you are ever in Manassas, Va stop into Centreville Electronics and talk to Bob Buttafuso (Bob runs the East Coast service center for White's and I bought my V3i from him) who was on the first season. He is the real deal and it is sad that the producers did not want him back as he brought some credibility.

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was on the phone asking permission to detect a grassy lot in town yesterday. The older gal on the other end of the line seemed to think that it would involve half a dozen guys, a camera crew, and a backhoe destroying her property. I explained that there would be no digging, just using a small probe, no grass would be damaged, and I'd remove any garbage.

She would "get back with me" on my request. I'm not holding my breath.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread