cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All. I have hunted this old farm site several times with fewer and fewer hits near where the house was so I began to hunt the nearby field. Did not expect much and did not find anything of value but I am pleasantly surprised with what I did find:

Lots of old ammo
Belt end engraved "Made in Germany"
Old ice box hinge pieces??
"CASE" tractor emblem
Nice brass "MICHELIN" balloon tire valve cap

Thanks for view, hopefully there is still some 2016 silver somewhere out there for us. C9

Attachments

• O4 12 26 27 2016 Ammo.JPG
    O4 12 26 27 2016 Ammo.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 79
  • O4 12 26 27 2016 Belt End.JPG
    O4 12 26 27 2016 Belt End.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 75
  • O4 12 26 27 2016 Finds.JPG
    O4 12 26 27 2016 Finds.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 154
  • O4 12 2016 Hardware.JPG
    O4 12 2016 Hardware.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 74
  • O4 122616 Valve Stem Cap.JPG
    O4 122616 Valve Stem Cap.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 74
Upvote 5
That valve stem cover is quite old. The two identical pieces in your second to last picture are toilet seat hinges. Looks like you might be in a promising area for coins from the early 1900's

Well done C9. Your valve stem cover is nice... mine are usually squished.

I have a couple of ice box pieces, but mine are from a smaller ice box than yours. Here is a hinge and handle "catch" that I tumbled.

Congrats and good luck!

Edit: Apparenty SD has ID'd the hinges. I though that they looked awfully large for ice box hinges.

Attachments

• IMG_20140906_141317_854-1.jpg
    IMG_20140906_141317_854-1.jpg
    509.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Those turned out nice, Tom. :thumbsup:

C9, yes, that valve stem cap is killer!! :notworthy: In the first pic, the larger piece under the valve stem cap and belt end...what is that?

Also, does the other side of the belt end have anything?

Last edited:
Well done C9. Your valve stem cover is nice... mine are usually squished.

I have a couple of ice box pieces, but mine are from a smaller ice box than yours. Here is a hinge and handle "catch" that I tumbled.

Congrats and good luck!

Edit: Apparenty SD has ID'd the hinges. I though that they looked awfully large for ice box hinges.

Not exactly the ice box I wanna be grabbing a fudgecicle from!! Perplexed - Copy.gif

Those turned out nice, Tom. :thumbsup:

C9, yes, that valve stem cap is killer!! :notworthy: In the first pic, the larger piece under the valve stem cap and belt end...what is that?

Also, does the other side of the belt end have anything?

Hello kcm. Not sure what the pc under the cap is, but it appears to be some kind of locking mechanism. The belt end is blank on the other side. Thanks for the reply and Good Luck. C9

That valve stem cover is quite old. The two identical pieces in your second to last picture are toilet seat hinges. Looks like you might be in a promising area for coins from the early 1900's

Hello SD. I did not believe it at first but you are correct, those over engineered brass parts are for a toilet seat. I checked "Antique Toilet Seats" and found some just like mine. Thanks for the great ID and Good Luck out there. C9

Congratulations on the old relics, you may have stumbled upon an old site. GL & HH

Hello SD. I did not believe it at first but you are correct, those over engineered brass parts are for a toilet seat. I checked "Antique Toilet Seats" and found some just like mine. Thanks for the great ID and Good Luck out there. C9

Thanks, I need a lot of luck for next year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back