Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I think I'm pretty much done with this aggravation. I don't worry about phone reception as I don't own a cellphone. Did a little research as was recommended, and BLM campgrounds I take Maria to in Utah are still FCFS. Couple of other campgrounds down south are still FCFS, and several of the reservation ones are thoughtful enough to provide a couple of FCFS sites. Not Zapata or Penitente. In spite of my stubbornness, you guys have provided some good advice, as usual. Story on Denver news today, telling folks as far as reservation campgrounds go, you better get started on it in January for what they call the peak camping season. Changes to BLM areas should be posted beforehand, at least on their website, which I look at quite a bit, stating the reason, which might be good, and allow a little time for public input.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe they do not even allow pack stock in a lot of the campgrounds and if so it under a special type of permit in Colorado and maybe else were to. I think the last time I stayed in a campground had to be over 20 years ago a lot has changed since then.
OK,what is pack stock? Never heard that one before,but I lead a sheltered life.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think pack stock is like horses mules (Live Stock)
Nailed it Gare .And yes that’s my 45/70 shoots straighter than the road to hell and makes a hole twice as wide don’t f with a mountain man. I don’t need no stinking permit. View attachment 2023368
6F450EB3-D5D3-4C87-9280-11A2DFC54CF5.jpeg

Last edited:

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think pack stock is like horses mules (Live Stock)
Nailed it Gare.And yes that’s my 45/70 shoots straighter than the road to hell and makes a hole twice as wide don’t f with a mountain man. I don’t need no stinking permit. View attachment 2022450
Thanks guys! Makes perfect sense now,I,m not a horse guy,mules neither so didn,t pick up the meaning!

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People camp in tents here in the city where I live. Once I was walking my dogs by a tent and a couple cops were walking up to it and the cops said hello anyone in there and voice said yes there is. The cops asked if they were OK and the guy inside asked is it against the law at where he pitched his tent and cops said not at all. I live in Boulder County Colorado and I guess its fine to live and sleep where ever you want now. Any vacant spot that'll work it seems. Winter has come to an end and I'm sure more tents will start appearing again. Maybe one will be mine. ??

One time we went up to Mendocino and drove out to a beach and a bunch of hippie types were there as we enter the beach saying they were there to raise awareness about keeping the beach free of charge. And then they asked for what ever I could do in spare change to support their cause. Anyway there was no charge to go to that beach and we pitched a tent and built a fire and camped the night. It was rear memorable time with my wife to be. That was probably around 1987.
They should make them go online and reserve a spot to camp in along the sidewalk, haha!

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
I would wonder if they would call in advance for a remote McDonalds for a possible need for a reservation too. Same argument as the camp grounds they normally didn't need a reservation for. FTR, I don't have a cell either and I think it's BS to require someone to have one.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not think it is required to have a cell phone. BUT my cell phone is VITAL to have and i have mine with me all the . I have had a cell flip phone since about 1990. So if ANYONE wants to get a hold of me they can call or text. BOUT the only calls i get now from my home are ROBO calls. I think they get my home number from phone books, The government DO NOT CALL LIST does nothing!!!!! If someone does not want a cell phone thats fine . My CELL Phone sure makes my life EASIER !!!!!!!!!! I have seen no place where a park requires you to have a cell phone.If you don't want one don't get it. BUT it SURE MAKES MY LIFE EASIER !!

Last edited:

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are MANY reasons to register and I LIKE THEM. I am not going to drive 1,500 to 2000 miles to go try and find a camp spot. It cost me 5 to 7 dollars a gallon now for diesel fuel and get maybe 8 miles per gallon. If i am going ANY PLACE I make sure i can stay there !!11 another reason is the parks like to know where people camp in case of accidents, Fires , Some ones vehicle is there long after it should have been gone. Did the camper have a accident do they NEED HELP ? I think registering at all camp places is a good idea !!

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are MANY reasons to register and I LIKE THEM. I am not going to drive 1,500 to 2000 miles to go try and find a camp spot. It cost me 5 to 7 dollars a gallon now for diesel fuel and get maybe 8 miles per gallon. If i am going ANY PLACE I make sure i can stay there !!11 another reason is the parks like to know where people camp in case of accidents, Fires , Some ones vehicle is there long after it should have been gone. Did the camper have a accident do they NEED HELP ? I think registering at all camp places is a good idea !!
Before when you were able pay on site, BLM and the camphost had my name, my vehicle tag, my site number, how many campers, and how long I intended to stay, so they were already gettin that info. Yeah I agree if I were goin to drive a couple thousand miles, I'd definitely do some advance recon. At home, cause I can't do it from the field.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the old way first come first serve. Place your money in an envelope the receipt on your dash or windshield.
so your going to take a 40 ft horse trailer and 2 horses drive 1,000 miles or MORE with out knowing you will have a place to camp ? I will not even load up and drive 20 miles with out knowing i can camp there

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Actually, they need BOTH systems in place.

Then, you can either reserve a space on-line, OR, you can just show up.
If they install a simple kiosk on-site, then if you just show up you can
check to see if there are any unreserved spaces, and if so you just
register on-site and camp in the available space.

Gare...chill out..horses ain't that complicated. :icon_thumleft:

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

All you have to know about horses is what spooks them,things that move and things that don,t move!Avoid those and you,re good to go!:laughing7:
:notworthy:

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JW1.jpg
Horses1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread