An ancient fist bump to all you hobbyist.

Jusfieldreem2

Jul 6, 2023
Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• IMG_20240108_131545843.jpg
    IMG_20240108_131545843.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20240108_191646652.jpg
    IMG_20240108_191646652.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're suggesting that's an artifact, I hate to disappoint you, but it appears to be just a rock.

detectorcowboy

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800, & Fisher CZ3D
I'm no expert but it looks like a rock to me, but I could be wrong like I said I'm no expert.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, not an artifact..

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does your rock look like this? Most likely not what I'm holding, a rare crystal form of diamond ore.

diamond-ore-crystal.png

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shape was hard to see from photo, maybe a little better here.

rock-1.jpg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well after a dozen :coffee2: I can now see what the excitement is all about.

Man some folks are sure gifted out there that they have such a keen sense what to look for.
Simply amazing to see it as clear as anything.
Really what talents that most can only dream of having.

Really to see that and figure it was that, I'm gobsmacked, I truly am.
Congrats

Screen Shot 2024-01-08 at 7.44.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2024-01-08 at 7.45.19 PM.png

OP
OP
Jusfieldreem2

Jusfieldreem2

Jul 6, 2023
Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, but I am lost?!? What am I looking at??!?
Well after a dozen :coffee2: I can now see what the excitement is all about.

Man some folks are sure gifted out there that they have such a keen sense what to look for.
Simply amazing to see it as clear as anything.
Really what talents that most can only dream of having.

Really to see that and figure it was that, I'm gobsmacked, I truly am.
Congrats

View attachment 2125068 View attachment 2125069
The top picture are the things I don't show. Get it, I answered his original question.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The top picture are the things I don't show. Get it, I answered his original question.
Oh course the 2 things at the top are what you showed.
Question: What is it you think you have?

You posted the picture of the horse & goat.
I posted both the pictures together as it was the answer you provided.

So lets play a little song that seems to fit. (turn the volume up)

magua

Sep 18, 2022
At this point, I would recommend once again if this is a legitimate post, using that Rock Identifier app that they have for your phone to identify the material. As for whether or not, there’s an effigy, etc. The answer is clearly no.

otherwise, I think that from this point forward, I probably won’t be looking at your posts. You seem to be playing with the group.

If you’re not, and you believe you actually have something. I would encourage you to look for a local archaeology, or rock group. They do have geological rock groups in different areas that do go out and look for various items and can help identify things. The people on this forum have years and years of experience in looking at actual items of significance. These people are not a joke and the forum is not a joke. When people first kindly respond that it does not appear to be anything, you can probably take that as good evidence from experienced people that it is not something significant. I Strongly encourage people to look for these things and continue, but to be told that it is not something and then to continually fight it, I don’t understand it.

magua

Sep 18, 2022
It's simple. It's rock identifier. It's useful for cell phone users to download...take a snap pic and it scans and does a comparison and may help identify. No doubt using Artificial Intelligence software, AI. It works with Apple and Android systems.

There's "picture this" which does well with identifying plants. There's "picture insect" which works well also. And this "rock identifier" app that can be helpful to people who need a quick check. It's never 100% but it's a nice option, especially with a rock such as this example presented to us. It's not going to identify a mountain goat carving, but it may identify the Immaculate Lady of our blessed stone effigy.

magua

Sep 18, 2022
PS. On the app. It looks like it's a pay app when you first go in but there's a little transparent cancel sign up in the upper right and upper left corner. Click cancel and you have access to the basic features of snapping a pic and having it scan that image.

OP
OP
Jusfieldreem2

Jusfieldreem2

Jul 6, 2023
Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At this point, I would recommend once again if this is a legitimate post, using that Rock Identifier app that they have for your phone to identify the material. As for whether or not, there’s an effigy, etc. The answer is clearly no.

otherwise, I think that from this point forward, I probably won’t be looking at your posts. You seem to be playing with the group.

If you’re not, and you believe you actually have something. I would encourage you to look for a local archaeology, or rock group. They do have geological rock groups in different areas that do go out and look for various items and can help identify things. The people on this forum have years and years of experience in looking at actual items of significance. These people are not a joke and the forum is not a joke. When people first kindly respond that it does not appear to be anything, you can probably take that as good evidence from experienced people that it is not something significant. I Strongly encourage people to look for these things and continue, but to be told that it is not something and then to continually fight it, I don’t understand it.
I didn't fight any opinions. Did you see this exact object while driving down your street as well?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread