An anniversary of sorts

Scott (Mich)

Mar 23, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today marks 20 years since I first started metal detecting. My dad and I each went in half and got a Whites 6000 which arrived on March 22, 1996. I took it out in the front yard that day and the very first thing I dug was an old six inch long bolt. The second thing I dug was this 1943 Washington. My first dug coin. Not knowing any better, I thought "man that was easy, I'll be rolling in them soon". Little did I know it would take me a long time to find another Washington, or even a silver coin, as silver is not that easy to find.

So today, twenty years later, I got a new Detech 13" coil from Whites, for my V3i. It was 50F outside temperature-wise and dead calm (we're are suppose to get snow tomorrow but I am ignoring that forecast). So I put the coil on and went out to my front yard to do some looking. I found a 1970 Memorial cent which was somehow missed with my previous 6000, xls, and dfx detectors. It was nice to get out and do some looking, especially after not getting out at all last year. Happy Hunting and Good Luck for 2016.
43 Wash Obv.jpg

Attachments

• 43 Wash Obv100by100.jpg
    43 Wash Obv100by100.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 53

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great heart felt post. I bet your going to have a ball in 2016 with the V3i. Silvers are where you find them. That 43 was a sweet first coin find. :thumbsup:

killroy

Feb 5, 2015
douglass,ks
Detector(s) used
AT Gold AT Pro ACE 150 Fisher F11 AT Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy 20 years of detecting!!!:occasion14: I decided to detect in the front yard today and found a 1987 quarter where I had dug
before!!! I was using the AT Pro with the sniper coil!! Looks like I will be rechecking everything again!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread