I tryed IP's link, but it was blank

, the poster asked for the date, I looked at the date acording to the facts posted, the letter M, it's not gothic but a heavy capital M, and the Leopards head which is the hallmark for London, and that's what come up in the search I did.
Makes no odds to me what date it is, but it might to the finder.
SS
[/quote]
Ahhhh.... The site is in PDF format - you'll (or anyone wanting to check it out) need something like Acrobat reader, or something similar. Worth checking out though. The document is written by the Assay offices in London, Birmingham, Sheffield and Edinburgh.
[/quote]I have acrobat reader, but for some reason it only works when it feels like it, the 2 links I posted are both creditable, if you want it to be a 1968 then fair enough, like I said it makes no odds to me.
SS