What's new

An introduction

45-70Ranger

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2009
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Hello. ;D
Just joined a few minutes ago.
Spent a few days reading about treasure legends and facts.
Seen where there's some members around Modesto,and around Sacramento/Placerville areas.
Retired from the cannery as a mechanic.Peach pitters was my specialty.
Used to live in Escondido.
As you see,"45-70" is what I shoot and load for.Load the old way.The way it should be done.
Also 45 Colt,44 mag,454 Casull.Prefer SAs anyway.
Enjoy ghost towns,but for others,rather have company.(meth cookers....pot farmers.Wish they would find legit work.)
Do panning and sluicing.
Don't get out much anymore.That "retirement" is a joke.....money wise.
Hope to get employed again-soon.
Lots of interesting stuff here.
You all have a good week and weekend.
 
Welcome aboard,45-70! Anxcious to see your finds,both from mding and panning/sluicing.Lot of knowledge on this site.
 
45-70Ranger,
welcome.

Hope we will be seeing some posts on
your finds.

have a good un......
SHERMANVILLE
 
Thank you. ;D
After reading about "Hobo Gold" in a book.I became interested.Floyd Mann was kind enough to send me copies
of the stories.As Washington isn't all that far from Nevada City.(Actually a train robbery.)
So,when some decent money shows up (I wish !! :o) then I can go search for it.
Thought the track location to be bogus.Until I came across a PDF file,showing where the tracks were.
Guess I'll need to find an overlay program for Google Earth.(ie:PDF to overlay.And the overlay can change sizes correctly as you zoom in or out))
My MD still has less than 24 hours on it.Bought it in the mid 80s at Montgomery Ward.
You guys have a good weekend. ;D
 
Welcome. Now go out and find some gold coins to post ;D There is a CA specific forum called the kinzli forum:

http://forums.kinzlicoils.com/forum/21721/

To get past the beginner page, you have to sign up. But it's easy. Just pick a name and password. Some mid valley (Sac, etc...) area hunters lurk and post their finds, inputs, etc... on there. As far as guns, I've found 3 in my years. One at a desert stage stop, 2 at old town demolition sites, etc... In each case, the iron parts had rusted and fossilized. But the conductive metals were in good shape. The wooden grips are long gone. But still fun to find, because they evoke the "wild west" image, and look great in a shadow box :)
 
Hello Tom_in_CA,
Was doing a forum lurking at Kinzlicoils.
Came across a member about doing some decting at Ft.Ord.
Last part was, about old model trains.
I do have an old American Flyer.Was bought in the mid 50s...'bout 1956-57.Bought new.Figure 8,etc.
Anyway,over the years most of the tracts missing.
But when I had to move (house being demolished for a new house) the mice squirted on the side....
Otherwise,in pretty good condition I'd say.
Not sure who to go to for an appraisal.
Thought I'd ask.
Thanks.
 
Welcome ,I once owned a 45 70 Trap Door carbine ,the numbers were close to the Little BigHorn era ,I needed the cash and I got talked out of it at a Gun Show . Now the cash is gone and I miss my Springfield .
dogonit!
 
Burnt Chimney said:
Welcome ,I once owned a 45 70 Trap Door carbine ,the numbers were close to the Little BigHorn era ,I needed the cash and I got talked out of it at a Gun Show . Now the cash is gone and I miss my Springfield .
dogonit!
Hi.Thank you. ;D
Might checkout "trapdoorcollector(s).com".
I bought an original 1884 Trapdoor from Al.
Think he's in Ohio.
Shot mine with 405gr/70gr of 2F.
Waiting for the weather to warm up a bit (no rain),and see how those 500gr do. :o
I have said on several forums,that I would not hesitate to take my 45-70 hunting (with the old loads).
They may not seem powerful,but they are.
You have a good week. ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom