An Iron of a Day! - Guaranteed to get the Wrinkles Out

M

MiniMe

One of my girlfriends just recently moved into a beautiful old home. The house has a lot of history with it, built in the 1800's. She invited me over Sunday so that I could do some metal detecting. She found a place on the property that looked like it was an old pool and barbecue area at one time. Only got to hunt for a couple hours, didn't find a lot, but found one BIG piece of Iron. Had a great time though. Can't wait to go back! Thanks for looking HH!

iron.jpg

iron2.jpg

Upvote 0

augusthog

Aug 8, 2010
Colorado
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter big bud pro
Re: An Iron of a Day!

That must have made a loud noise.
Them old irons are surprisingly heavy.

bogeymcq

Dec 3, 2006
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
Presently mental, not metal
:o That iron, in my opinion, ROCKS!!!! :o
Love love love it!
Is it a flat iron? Was a handle attached? Do you think it will be hard to clean up a wee bit?
A lot of people use them as doorstops now-a-days, a far cry from their orginal purpose, but what an awesome housewarming/re-addition to the house your friend moved into!

Great discovery!!!!!! :icon_thumleft:

:D

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WTG Mini!!! That's probably a newer iron than the one than Joe bought for YOU to use-LOL. Glad you got out and keep after it. You might just recover a banner find this Fall. Never give up-just ask Dman. He hunted an estimated over 1,200 old homes in his 35+ years of coin hunting before he recovered the C.S.A. buckle. HH, Quindy.

OP
OP
M

MiniMe

Re: An Iron of a Day!

augusthog said:
That must have made a loud noise.
Them old irons are surprisingly heavy.
Definitely loud...and the thing weights a ton. We'd have some really wrinkled clothes if I had to iron with this iron. :laughing7:

bogeymcq said:
:o That iron, in my opinion, ROCKS!!!! :o
Love love love it!
Is it a flat iron? Was a handle attached? Do you think it will be hard to clean up a wee bit?
A lot of people use them as doorstops now-a-days, a far cry from their orginal purpose, but what an awesome housewarming/re-addition to the house your friend moved into!

Great discovery!!!!!! :icon_thumleft:

:D

Thanks Bogeymcq,
I think it ROCKS too! Yes it is a flat iron and unfortunately the handle is gone. With a little electrolysis it should clean up pretty good and make a great addition to her home. :)

VOL1266-X said:
WTG Mini!!! That's probably a newer iron than the one than Joe bought for YOU to use-LOL. Glad you got out and keep after it. You might just recover a banner find this Fall. Never give up-just ask Dman. He hunted an estimated over 1,200 old homes in his 35+ years of coin hunting before he recovered the C.S.A. buckle. HH, Quindy.
Thanks Quindy,
Oh believe me, I'm not the type that gives up easily, hopefully I'll be back there this weekend! And Dman's CSA buckle is a well deserved awesome find! Thanks for looking. HH :)

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interestin 19th Century flat ..... congrats ! :thumbsup:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Guaranteed I'll put that baby under electrolysis and get her all nice and shiny and the next thing you know I'll be smoovin' out your &$%#@*%'s.....no way.LOSE IT PLEASE !!! :help:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread