Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 0

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m sure you have stated it on another post, but what’s the difference between older coins and silver stack? If they are all silver, why not keep them together? And what is the date for it to be older? And does that date differ from US coins and foreign coins? Just asking, I kind of separate my silver but it’s US and foreign. I don’t have that much foreign.

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Barney: what I consider Older Coins, would be those that are approx 2-series prior to the current coinage. Example, I consider IH's cents two series from current (Wheaties, coppers thru 82, Current), V-nickel two series away (Buffs & Current), Mercs as two series away (Silver Rosies & current). I'm afraid that if I put those older coins in with current stack they might get sold or traded without notice, just a precautionary measure. Just like I keep my VERY OLD TYPE coins (half cents, large cents, IH, 2&3 cent,V nicks, Seated coins, 20-cent, Barbers) (1820's thru 1899? ) in separate 2x2 flips. Just my way of keeping them sorted & graded.

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! That is an awesome find. What part of the country did you find that one in?

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
In a small town located between New York & L A, and between Fargo ND & New Orleans.
USA where else. Sorry Quin, I don't disclose my FBI sources, ha ha. DozerD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread