An output test of the 6pack eductor for my dredge

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
12' of 2.5" suction hose to the eductor, 3' hose to the flair. 3/32" holes in the jet did the best at 5100gph output at 30psi pump output at wide open throttle. I think this combo will make a good 2.5" dredge with Gold Hog mats in a 12" sluice box. My vacuum gauge wasn't working but I'd estimate it has between 20-30hg of vacuum on the nozzle.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Id like to see this run! id also really like to see what your actual vacuum reading would be at full throttle. I made one for my 2 inch dredge to test some Gold Hog mat awhile back and never got to try it out. to much rain/flooding around my place. Ill get my liquid filled vacuum gauge installed and take some pictures of it running (sometime!)

Last edited:
OP
OP
mike(swWash)

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was disappointed the gauge was stuck on 2", now I know why it was just laying around. I'll try to borrow a new one from work next time I test run. We have machinery at work that runs on 17" vacuum and this feels a lot stronger on the suction hose end.

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've been watching your progress and it's looking good but IMO your still not there. From the short video clip, you should have much more water coming out of your "flare" and if your only achieving 30psi at full throttle then I believe your "holes" are to large. I'm no expert by any means but I have built a jet or two and know it has to be a near perfect balance.

OP
OP
mike(swWash)

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I tried with smaller holes 1st. I did get a little higher pressure but the total output was only 4500gph vs 5100gph. I'm also wondering what condition the impeller is in, it may not be able to reach the full 54psi listed in the specs. anymore.

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't remember, what size of pump are you using, you need both flow and psi... Every pump will have a flow/pressure curve and you have to find the balance of the two. I built a 4" jet to replace one on my old 4". The one I built worked much better then the one that came with the dredge as it was a home built also, but not by me. The difference between the two? mine had a 1" inlet vrs I think it was 7/8" on the old one...the difference in performance...the one I built would flood my box with water, had a increase in suction while the old one only filled the box 3/4 and had so/so suction.

OP
OP
mike(swWash)

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The pump is a Honda WX15 AX2..... 1.5" in and out, unrestricted max flow of 4320gph, max output pressure 54psi.
I'll be doing more testing before the season starts and I'll probably take a foot off the line to the flair as well. That should add a bit more flow alone.
I knew I would be pushing the limits for this pump for a 2.5 dredge but so far so good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread