What's new

Anaclote Island

I also wanted to head out there and give it a try.....but I was told recently because it is now a state park that metal detecting is not allowed by numerous individuals, one even told me that they would arrest one because it is considered a historic area.

I have sent numerous emails to find out if it is allowed along the water line......nobody has bothered to answer me. If you find out something better keep us updated.
 
Lots of boaters tying up there, lots of trash especially in the water, and if that isn't enough, the mosquitoes will eat you up. Detected 3 rooker next door and never had any problems.
 
gold-digger said:
Lots of boaters tying up there, lots of trash especially in the water, and if that isn't enough, the mosquitoes will eat you up. Detected 3 rooker next door and never had any problems.

I've been talking with a few friends about going out there on the sand bar. Did you have any luck? I can imagine there are a ton of pull tabs and bottle tops but there has to be some good stuff mixed in there. As I've been told before; alcohol, a beach environment, and losing jewelry go together.
 
Treasure Quest said:
Has anyone had any luck detecting on or near Anaclote Island?
No, but I hear ANCLOTE Island is fantastic.... LOL... Sorry, couldnt resist...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom