What's new

Anceint coin real or fake ?

cosmic

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2006
Messages
882
Reaction score
50
Golden Thread
0
Location
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this a while ago and still haven't found out anything.. I hope someone can identify it as it does peak my curiosity.. Approximately 1" diameter, 1/8" thick, and almost 12 grams weight..
 

Attachments

  • mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.webp
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.webp
    70.7 KB · Views: 440
  • mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.webp
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.webp
    70.7 KB · Views: 445
  • lllllllllllllllllllllllll.webp
    lllllllllllllllllllllllll.webp
    75.1 KB · Views: 436
Looks good but I can't ID em!
 
Upvote 0
:read2:

Impossible to tell from a picture :-\(added) the obverse looks a little like Nerva 96-97AD.

SS
 
Upvote 0
Looks real. Maybe Cru can give you an ID. :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
Very hard for a ID with out a legend :-\

SS
 
Upvote 0
All I can figure it's the city goddess Tyche .. I have a couple more pics.. I hope someone can identify
 

Attachments

  • kk.webp
    kk.webp
    20.7 KB · Views: 347
  • lk.webp
    lk.webp
    25.9 KB · Views: 371
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • coin ancient greek galley.webp
    coin ancient greek galley.webp
    20.1 KB · Views: 299
Upvote 0
if its a fake, then they made the world best fake!!! lokks very real to me!!!
 
Upvote 0
cosmic, that is very interresting.

It could be history changing evidence of ancient travelers.

Or it could have been dropped by a kid who got in his fathers coin collection.

We may never know. Where did you find it?
 
Upvote 0
Small farming town park in east central Illinois.. Also my son found a 1875 British Half penny.. Either a kid dropped it or the Greeks really got around!!
 
Upvote 0
jdsarasin8194 said:
Iron Patch said:
Looks good but I can't ID em!
WAIT WAIT WAIT! did YOU just say that something was NOT COUNTERFEIT?!?!? :o :laughing9:


When I was 14 I thought I knew everything too. :wink:
 
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
jdsarasin8194 said:
Iron Patch said:
Looks good but I can't ID em!
WAIT WAIT WAIT! did YOU just say that something was NOT COUNTERFEIT?!?!? :o :laughing9:


When I was 14 I thought I knew everything too. :wink:
i want sayin i knew everything, im not 14, and i bustin u cuz i figured u thought u thought everything was counterfeit :tongue3:
 
Upvote 0
jdsarasin8194 said:
Iron Patch said:
jdsarasin8194 said:
Iron Patch said:
Looks good but I can't ID em!
WAIT WAIT WAIT! did YOU just say that something was NOT COUNTERFEIT?!?!? :o :laughing9:


When I was 14 I thought I knew everything too. :wink:
i want sayin i knew everything, im not 14, and i bustin u cuz i figured u thought u thought everything was counterfeit :tongue3:


No, I only think everything that's counterfeit is counterfeit. :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
jdsarasin8194 said:
Iron Patch said:
jdsarasin8194 said:
Iron Patch said:
Looks good but I can't ID em!
WAIT WAIT WAIT! did YOU just say that something was NOT COUNTERFEIT?!?!? :o :laughing9:


When I was 14 I thought I knew everything too. :wink:
i want sayin i knew everything, im not 14, and i bustin u cuz i figured u thought u thought everything was counterfeit :tongue3:


No, I only think everything that's counterfeit is counterfeit. :laughing7:
hahahahahaha
 
Upvote 0
jdsarasin8194 said:
Iron Patch said:
jdsarasin8194 said:
Iron Patch said:
jdsarasin8194 said:
Iron Patch said:
Looks good but I can't ID em!
WAIT WAIT WAIT! did YOU just say that something was NOT COUNTERFEIT?!?!? :o :laughing9:


When I was 14 I thought I knew everything too. :wink:
i want sayin i knew everything, im not 14, and i bustin u cuz i figured u thought u thought everything was counterfeit :tongue3:


No, I only think everything that's counterfeit is counterfeit. :laughing7:
hahahahahaha


Just for you here's a rare counterfeit I dug about 8 years ago.
 

Attachments

  • 1773_Hibernia.webp
    1773_Hibernia.webp
    70.2 KB · Views: 204
  • 1773_Hibernia.webp
    1773_Hibernia.webp
    70.2 KB · Views: 213
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom