OP
OP
Quinoa

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
It's quite possible they missed the dig spot. Lots of ways to use triangles... slingshotting thru the center of both triangles ends up crossing near the pink circled marker as well. I'd like to work it sometime, I don't know who owns the land. It's kind of a novelty to me being so close to town and obvious markers with hole already dug or at least attempted.. Probably tunneled in that hillside rather than straight down.

lightspirt

Jul 26, 2023
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Spirit of the Universe
That's interesting - sounds like a take-off on the old disappearing ink trick. How does it work with your concoction? It sounds like a difficult process to get right re correct temperature of the rock to reveal the message.
Dog knows about the old disappearing ink pen trick. He had one of those placed in his pens when Ol' Kentuck was staying at his place. He was subjected to some major gas-lighting. But he fought thru it and maintained his sanity . Hopefully Ol'Kentuck is ok.

OP
OP
Quinoa

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a great site with obviously manmade rock triangle monuments. I personally would have dug my hole in a bit different location. It's hard to be exact with the photo angle, but my best guess would be to find the triangle center points and bisect a line joining them.

View attachment 2065210
Interesting and viable take, also was just noticing, if they slingshotted exactly thru the center of each triangle from anchor corner, you would end up in a spot close to where that pink circled rock points...mappable geometry anyways. May have to try and talk to landowner sometime...

David_Swift

Greenie
Nov 22, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Followed markers to this. It's about 3 feet wide. It took me 6 hrs to hike to this. I thought it was a deep carving. Looking at pics, it's a door, I believe.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231008_211423_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231008_211423_Gallery.jpg
    322.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20231008_211441_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231008_211441_Gallery.jpg
    359.6 KB · Views: 28

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Followed markers to this. It's about 3 feet wide. It took me 6 hrs to hike to this. I thought it was a deep carving. Looking at pics, it's a door, I believe.
Looking at the leaves next to it, it sure looks awfully small to be a door.

HMK959

Mar 24, 2023
It can be a stone chest. You have to test it. It can also indicate the main entrance door or a similar area. Your picture is in the shape of an eye and next to it there is a stone in the shape of a triangle. I sent samples similar to your photo. (opened and not opened)

Attachments

• IMG_0556.JPG
    IMG_0556.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_۲۰۲۳۱۰۰۹_۲۳۳۶۴۰_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_۲۰۲۳۱۰۰۹_۲۳۳۶۴۰_Gallery.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_۲۰۲۳۱۰۰۹_۲۳۳۵۰۷_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_۲۰۲۳۱۰۰۹_۲۳۳۵۰۷_Gallery.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 30

David_Swift

Greenie
Nov 22, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It can be a stone chest. You have to test it. It can also indicate the main entrance door or a similar area. Your picture is in the shape of an eye and next to it there is a stone in the shape of a triangle. I sent samples similar to your photo. (opened and not opened)
Very interesting. Attached is a picture overall picture of the area.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231009_224831_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231009_224831_Gallery.jpg
    510.1 KB · Views: 35

HMK959

Mar 24, 2023
Very interesting. Attached is a picture overall picture of the area.
Many shapes can be seen in this stone. including birds and human faces that are similar to the faces of the natives. Besides it can be a stone container, it can be a map of a mountain and a big rock in the same way. It means that whatever is important in this stone is also important in that mountain. Big and small, up and down, black and white, etc. are the puzzles they used. Maybe the rock is a map and the mountain is a storage place, and maybe the mountain is a map and the rock is a storage place. There is a method for diagnosis that I will send to you if you want to know.

David_Swift

Greenie
Nov 22, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many shapes can be seen in this stone. including birds and human faces that are similar to the faces of the natives. Besides it can be a stone container, it can be a map of a mountain and a big rock in the same way. It means that whatever is important in this stone is also important in that mountain. Big and small, up and down, black and white, etc. are the puzzles they used. Maybe the rock is a map and the mountain is a storage place, and maybe the mountain is a map and the rock is a storage place. There is a method for diagnosis that I will send to you if you want to know.
Definitely want to know. I am obsessed with learning about this. Thank you

OP
OP
Quinoa

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The shapes can be misleading in direction if that's all you look for, but the main thing to look for is things that stand out and seem out of place. Like giant solo boulders along waterways or on hillsides, especially ones placed on top of cliffs that can be seen from trails. It's just how you can mark places in a time long gone... The dilemma is not finding these places, it's finding the specific spots that these things generally mark out, which are mapped out and lost and no longer known.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread