ANCIENT VOICES: Ditlihi's Journey Into The Truth Of Ancient Treasure In The Southwest

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At first i thought it was for Peter or the Priest. The one you last showed was backwards. But I've seen it somewhere and will research it further. This is what I'm talking about 1568775899369.jpg 1568775959285.jpg 1568776017339.jpg

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes PMikel i have clean ones. I got tired of my photos showing up online, + a lot of people dont want to share theirs, so i fubar them up. I have had people act like i owe them a clean photo.

Thing about it is, a clean closeup view is the best way to make an opinion of a petroglyph, alleged manipulated rock, etc. Like your Tanit. Yeah, the lo-res blurry photo you posted kinda looks like a Tanit symbol from a distance (likewise the lion thing), but a guy (ha ha, they say "guy" is now hate speech) can only tell for sure by seeing it himself, or at least a good photo of it. If you want to rely on "looks like from this angle" stuff, there are thousands available wherever you go.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Jest now making my way out there, got sidetracked to Texas on a job fer a little lady we both know. I see you two been busy. :icon_thumright:

Well, good. With Ol' K on the job, we'll get us a no-nonsense view of things. Ol' K is well known as a rational fact finder who won't stand for personal bias and wishful dreamin' when it comes to all these treasure things. The proper field protocol will be followed: establish a statistical preponderance of evidence before making a judgement. We'd like to know what's goin' on in that there desert.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dog here is the mark on stone. It's being used with a little more information as you will see. 20190917_130328.jpg

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Marius, that's a great question. :icon_thumright:

The history of this area includes the ancient Mogollon Culture, the Mimbres (a subset of the Mogollon), raids and battles of Pancho Villa, rumors of Spanish mining, and Legends of lost Spanish packloads of silver and gold made famous by the writings of W.C. Jameson. (I have my own personal opinions of Jameson, which I will refrain from sharing out of respect for the 95% of Treasurenet members I would be pissing off :tongue3:).

The Mogollon culture is one of the major prehistoric Southwestern cultural divisions of the Southwestern United States and Northern Mexico. The culture flourished from the archaic period, c. 200 CE, to either 1450 or 1540 CE, when the Spanish arrived. Evidence abounds for this culture and the museum in Deming is a wonderful source of information on the Mimbres. On our first foray into the mountains here I saw several 'prospect holes' dating to the 1930's, including an obviously older one that I thought was unusual as it had no waste material around it. After visiting the Museum I realized it was most probably the remains of a Mogollon Pit House like the one pictured here...

View attachment 1712253 View attachment 1712254

View attachment 1712255

Villa's raid on Columbus, NM in 1916 led to the U.S. Army's invasion of Mexico.

" The Battle of Columbus (Burning of Columbus or the Columbus Raid), March 9, 1916, began as a raid conducted by Pancho Villa's Division of the North on the small United States border town of Columbus, New Mexico, located 3 miles (4.8 km) north of the border. The raid escalated into a full-scale battle between Villistas and the United States Army. Villa himself led the assault, only to be driven back into Mexico by elements of the 13th Cavalry Regiment stationed at the town. The attack angered Americans and President Woodrow Wilson ordered the Punitive Expedition in which the US Army invaded Mexico in an unsuccessful attempt to capture General Villa."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Columbus_(1916)

As I stand there I can easily visualize the native settlers watching Pancho Villa from the peaks of these starkly beautiful Tres Hermanas Mountains as he led the Villistas on that full-scale assault of the 13th Calvary Regiment and the burning of Columbus.

View attachment 1712257 View attachment 1712259

View attachment 1712262 View attachment 1712263

Then lastly, you'll find Jameson's fabrications, I mean stories, in his books Treasure Hunter: A Memoir of Caches, Curses, and Confrontations, and, New Mexico Treasure Tales. I'll leave the readers to their own opinions here. 8-)

What is not widely known, is rumor and speculation of an even more Ancient inhabitant of this area. Circumstantial (and controversial) evidence for a far older group, maybe even multiple groups, has been brought forward and cussed and discussed by Academics and Independent Researchers alike. This interests me. Especially after my own research and that of my fellow Argonaughts here in the Southwest and scattered across the country, and the evidence I've seen with my own two eyes. Evidence this trip now seems to support. This is what I seek, though I won't turn away from 40 mule loads of Silver if I happen to trip over it. :wink:;D

Who those people were, why they were here, and did they bring their treasures with them? All questions worthy of a little boots on the ground time. Time well spent in the company of Friends and fellow Treasure Hunters in the great outdoors. :icon_thumright:

I'm tellin' ya, it don't get no better than This. :occasion14:

I assume that you did not take that kill pot from an Anasazi/ Hopi grave as they are protected Federally and archaeologically.That actual pot and design can be narrowed down to a specific area. First I have read this post and ask you gentleman to keep it on topic as you may noticed several pages deleted.
Thanks!

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thing about it is, a clean closeup view is the best way to make an opinion of a petroglyph, alleged manipulated rock, etc. Like your Tanit. Yeah, the lo-res blurry photo you posted kinda looks like a Tanit symbol from a distance (likewise the lion thing), but a guy (ha ha, they say "guy" is now hate speech) can only tell for sure by seeing it himself, or at least a good photo of it. If you want to rely on "looks like from this angle" stuff, there are thousands available wherever you go.

I think thats how some of this stuff is supposed to work. It will be hidden and obscure at times. A lot of it is a now you see it,now you dont. And it can happen fast,with in minutes from what i have see. Especially at the very special times and places.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I assume that you did not take that kill pot from an Anasazi/ Hopi grave as they are protected Federally and archaeologically.That actual pot and design can be narrowed down to a specific area. First I have read this post and ask you gentleman to keep it on topic as you may noticed several pages deleted.
Thanks!

Lol, those pictures are from pots that are posted on line. I dont think people would be bragging about Grave Robbing, but i guess you never know,Especially on T-net. Theres a lot of bad info. flying around here. I still say let the guys that hid the stuff,show you where its at.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me personally, since Ditlihi and Maverick1 quit posting on this thread, it has really nose dived. I really enjoyed reading their stuff. I can only hope that someone will come on and post that kind of info. and thoughts. And written in that type of style that they use. I really enjoyed it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread