Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back to the same park where I keep finding silver jewelry. There's a big power transformer close by, so it's really hard to hunt with the sensitivity all the way up, but I noticed if I turn a certain direction and maintain it, it's doable. Probably look pretty silly walking sideways while detecting. Anyway, it paid off with yet another silver ring, an SBA dollar, boy scout neckerchief thingy, and about $7.50 in clad. Thanks for looking, and Merry Christmas to all! 21dec2020 finds.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 12

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Super hunt - Love the ring!:occasion14:

OP
OP
oldmxrat

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super hunt - Love the ring!:occasion14:

Thanks Terry, that thing was hiding 3-4 inches below a bottle cap at 2 inches down. I've only recently started digging the bottle caps in the hopes of decluttering my favorite parks. It's a pain, but definitely paying off! Take care.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Back in the 80's I was at the local detector shop and everyone there was up at the counter. There was a young man, about 20, that had rented a detector for the day and went to city park. He got a signal and went to dig a plug but there was already one cut. The last guy left the pull tab in the hole. This guy put the pull tab in his pocket and rescanned the hole.... There was a $5 gold coin 2 inches deeper than the pull tab.

I was working a worked out area and dug a bottle cap signal that was also hitting quarter. When I dug the plug I saw what was left of a bottle cap. It was almost gone and just the round plastic insert was the giveaway that there was a bottle cap. The SLQ was just an inch deeper.

Grats on the nice finds and cleaning up all the trash to find ___________!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Pull tab mcfoilson

Jan 26, 2016
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett At max
Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Terry, that thing was hiding 3-4 inches below a bottle cap at 2 inches down. I've only recently started digging the bottle caps in the hopes of decluttering my favorite parks. It's a pain, but definitely paying off! Take care.

I think this is an excellent idea. I did this at a field, I stated digging all the trash, now I'm to the point to where I can run my machine at high sensitivity and pull good stuff.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting