And the fun begins....UPDATE

M

MiniMe

Got the garden tilled yesterday....and the fun begins :laughing7: Nothing like home grown anything!

P4220102.JPG

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: And the fun begins....

Looking at that background I'd guess you have critter problems with your garden..Nice lookin' plot!

OP
OP
M

MiniMe

Oh yeah, the critters will be a challenge. Nothing an arrow can't handle. :laughing7:

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Way to go, I have radishes & okra up, & a few peas.

Fossis............

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You're off to a good start. Our garden was planted about a month ago. We put in tomatoes, crookneck & zucchini squash, potatoes, onions, a variety of peppers, eggplant and the pvc trellis is for the cucumbers.
What part of Maryland are you in? I was born and raised in Hagerstown. I moved down here to Georgia in 1970 compliments of the U.S. Navy.

garden.jpg

OP
OP
M

MiniMe

fossis said:
Way to go, I have radishes & okra up, & a few peas.

Fossis............
That's great Foss. It's been hard to get anything in the ground with it raining every day :(

OP
OP
M

MiniMe

fyrffytr1 said:
You're off to a good start. Our garden was planted about a month ago. We put in tomatoes, crookneck & zucchini squash, potatoes, onions, a variety of peppers, eggplant and the pvc trellis is for the cucumbers.
What part of Maryland are you in? I was born and raised in Hagerstown. I moved down here to Georgia in 1970 compliments of the U.S. Navy.

Wow Fyr...looks great! :icon_thumleft: Can't have enough crookneck & zucc's, one of my many favorites. Excellent trellis for the cuc's. I found a bush cuc variety that I'm going to try this year. We live in the Frederick area and it's been raining so much lately that we haven't been able to get anything in the ground yet. Hopefully this week.

txconservative

Jul 26, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350 / Cobra Beach Magnet / Garrett Treasure Ace 300

MiniMe said:
Oh yeah, the critters will be a challenge. Nothing an arrow can't handle. :laughing7:

Haha you sound like my boyfriend. He loves his bow ! I'm probably going to get me one for this next hunting season. !

Dad and I have a garden in the back yard as well ! :D

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice garden pics, and somethin I always miss this time of year, even though it's snowin right now. Fossis, you got okra up? It grows just like cotton so we never planted it til May 15th. I never knew you could get it out earlier. (I did know enough not to type 'okrie', which is how I still pronounce it.)

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow Fyr...looks great! :icon_thumleft: Can't have enough crookneck & zucc's, one of my many favorites. Excellent trellis for the cuc's. I found a bush cuc variety that I'm going to try this year. We live in the Frederick area and it's been raining so much lately that we haven't been able to get anything in the ground yet. Hopefully this week.
[/quote]

My best friend was a mailman in Frederick until he retired a year or two ago. I was just up there last September and we visited downtown Frederick. The paintings along the canals are very impressive.
My wife makes the best zuchinni bread around.

OP
OP
M

MiniMe

My wife makes the best zuchinni bread around.
[/quote]

That's great....I can expect some when? :laughing7: JK. Send me her recipe, I'd love to try it. Thanks.

OP
OP
M

MiniMe

Now the fun really begins.....these critters are going to be a challenge.. Just one lettuce leaf...that's all I ask... ::).lol.

100_0751.JPG

100_0750.JPG

100_0761.JPG

100_0762.JPG

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol.......I knew it. That garden has deer spelled all over it. I was in Wisconsin some years back and I was watching a doe standing along side a 6 foot fence that surrounded some folk's garden. All of a sudden, with one effortless leap, it was up and over and enjoying fresh veggies. :D

OP
OP
M

MiniMe

I know PB....we went through this last year. Joe had to basically build a cage to go around and over top of our tomato plants. We've got to get a fence around not only for the deer, I've seen a few rabbits and the farm cats love to use it as a litter box. :( We will win this battle though. :laughing7:

wildman4910

Sep 1, 2010
Cocoa, FL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
You need a fence charger, one good ZAP and they will forget the garden is there!

Or you could just fill your freezer with venison! :laughing7: :laughing7:

NaturalJWL

Jul 19, 2007
NC
Deer roast, taters, onions, carrots, some cornbread.....

Hummmm..... I can get fat just thinking about it. :laughing7:

OP
OP
M

MiniMe

NaturalJWL said:
Deer roast, taters, onions, carrots, some cornbread.....

Hummmm..... I can get fat just thinking about it. :laughing7:

What.... :o no greens. :laughing7: Nothing like a deer roast...except maybe venison loin wrapped in bacon. If the deer in the garden saw this....maybe they'd leave it alone or they could be the next one on my plate.
;D
dinner2.jpg

dinner3.jpg

Attachments

• dinner2.jpg
    dinner2.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 201
  • dinner3.jpg
    dinner3.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 204

wildman4910

Sep 1, 2010
Cocoa, FL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Lookin at that plate makes me hungry and I just got done eatin dinner to boot!

That venison is flat tasty. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread