Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
Take pics for us anyway, it will make for a good post. :thumbsup:

Given the cruelty shown at this prison, and all the other ones, don't you find it hard to believe Americans treated each other this way only 150 years ago? I can somewhat understand when nations fight other cultures and go across oceans to do so. You can make some kind of disconnect with an enemy that does not speak your language or look like you. But to brutalize persons who the year before you were trading with across the river or even related to by blood - that is something else altogether. Would have a hard time abusing a prisoner from Connecticut if I were from Florida or Alabama, etc.

Civil War wasn't all that civil I guess.

OT

Old Town said:
Given the cruelty shown at this prison, and all the other ones, don't you find it hard to believe Americans treated each other this way only 150 years ago? I can somewhat understand when nations fight other cultures and go across oceans to do so. You can make some kind of disconnect with an enemy that does not speak your language or look like you. But to brutalize persons who the year before you were trading with across the river or even related to by blood - that is something else altogether. Would have a hard time abusing a prisoner from Connecticut if I were from Florida or Alabama, etc.

Civil War wasn't all that civil I guess.

OT
Happens all the time and it doesn't matter what language or religion or country or time frame. Inhumanity toward fellow man shall continue. War is genocide, when we realize this maybe we can begin to be civil toward other humans.

I dont have anyone there ,but thanks anyway . And I found out your birth date ,Dec, 1 ,1824 . Ha . Hidy old man .

Civil War Nut said:
I dont have anyone there ,but thanks anyway . And I found out your birth date ,Dec, 1 ,1824 . Ha . Hidy old man .

Hey Nut,
I do have kinfolk buried there. He was one of the last casualties before they closed the camp.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back