ValleyStones
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Sep 30, 2013
- Messages
- 37
- Reaction score
- 20
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Northeast Indiana
- Detector(s) used
- Haven't chosen one, but looking to buy
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Upvote
0
Like Charl just pointed out, if these had actually been altered by man to create the shapes then you would evidence of that. There would be grinding marks and peck mars on them and there aren't any on yours.
Take a look at these. I am no skilled artisan by any means, but yet I was able to create these three pieces out of Ohio Pipestone. It took some time and effort to do, but if I can do it then most others could too if they took the time to try. If a Native American wanted to create an Effigy of an object it would look just like that object and you wouldn''t have to twist it several directions to see the image. You can take one look at these and know without a doubt what the represent.

hey hey just amazed welcome to the tnet
i can see what you are seeing but they are not effigies
they are just natural rocks.....i mean no disrespect to you by sayin' this
keep hunting i can tell you are interested....i wish you good luck in the future
larson1951
You did imply.
You mentioned other rocks you've found as (non effigies) in a post about these..
One could only assume.
As far as playing with rocks.. I guess we all are.
Hi , I Am Just Amazed.....By the Artifacts and Rocks that I Have Found With Animal Shapes and Faces. I Can Certainly See What You Are Seeing In These Pieces. I'm starting to believe that in a lot of these pieces "The Indians Were Just Playing With Rocks" I'm No Expert, That Is Just My Opinion. I would like to share with you some of My Findings and Wish You and. Happy Hunting !View attachment 875327View attachment 875328View attachment 875329View attachment 875330View attachment 875331View attachment 875332View attachment 875333View attachment 875334View attachment 875335View attachment 875336View attachment 875337View attachment 875338
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free