ValleyStones
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Sep 30, 2013
- Messages
- 37
- Reaction score
- 20
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Northeast Indiana
- Detector(s) used
- Haven't chosen one, but looking to buy
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Upvote
0
There is an example on the banner finds that monsterrack recently found and posted. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/n...cts/376211-best-find-my-life.html#post3590212Any examples? pics 2 and 3,4 have a similar "w" shaped wing above a depressed tail. what I call a tail. Thanks for thoughts and any resources
Any examples? pics 2 and 3,4 have a similar "w" shaped wing above a depressed tail. what I call a tail. Thanks for thoughts and any resources
Any examples? pics 2 and 3,4 have a similar "w" shaped wing above a depressed tail. what I call a tail. Thanks for thoughts and any resources
Is this the exception or the rule? If these objects meant something (religious or otherwise) wouldn't many have these symbolic figures? Can't imagine they all look this good or that there were that many skilled artisians. Thanks
Is this the exception or the rule? If these objects meant something (religious or otherwise) wouldn't many have these symbolic figures? Can't imagine they all look this good or that there were that many skilled artisians. Thanks
View attachment 873343View attachment 873344View attachment 873345View attachment 873346View attachment 873347View attachment 873348 All of these were found within the same area. Have found many other stones (non effigies) that I have questions about as well. Thanks for any help or words of wisdom.
View attachment 873343View attachment 873344View attachment 873345View attachment 873346View attachment 873347View attachment 873348 All of these were found within the same area. Have found many other stones (non effigies) that I have questions about as well. Thanks for any help or words of wisdom.












Hi , I Am Just Amazed.....By the Artifacts and Rocks that I Have Found With Animal Shapes and Faces. I Can Certainly See What You Are Seeing In These Pieces. I'm starting to believe that in a lot of these pieces "The Indians Were Just Playing With Rocks" I'm No Expert, That Is Just My Opinion. I would like to share with you some of My Findings and Wish You and. Happy Hunting !View attachment 875327View attachment 875328View attachment 875329View attachment 875330View attachment 875331View attachment 875332View attachment 875333View attachment 875334View attachment 875335View attachment 875336View attachment 875337View attachment 875338
The First Five Pictures Are All One Rock. Wow !
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Charl, I do believe there were skilled artisians, absolutely. Regardless of the craft. Construction, clothing, cooking, problem solving, etc... I feel there are many other factors to be considered. Not all artists are picasso. Elephants can paint and some call it art. If the cross is meaningful to me (just a symbolic example) I could tie two sticks together as a representation. Why? Perhaps I cant carve objcets out of wood or afford a shiny gold cross to wear around my neck or I don't like Sally the skilled craftsman that specializes in crosses, or I am out on traveling and need this token/object for the journey. I am not saying that the ones that I have submitted are legit, I have learned much through the few responses/explanations that have been given by fellow members. I just believe that there maybe some rough looking effigies that don't look so exceptional.