What's new

ANNIE OAKLEY- "American Icon" Relic found!

Re: ANNIE OAKLEY- "American Icon" Relic found!

not quite sure how i missed this one, but thats a cool find! congratulations!
 
Re: ANNIE OAKLEY- "American Icon" Relic found!

I told you to post that thing! Congrats on another "Banner" find. :hello2:
 
Re: ANNIE OAKLEY- "American Icon" Relic found!

Awesome find! I would never, ever sell that piece. You won't make enough to replace how cool it is to have. Just sayin'.
 
Re: ANNIE OAKLEY- "American Icon" Relic found!

Several years ago I found a similar relic shot by Annie Oakley. This was an old Inn (now bed & breakfast) dating pre Civil War. The neat thing was there were photos of Annie Oakley in the reception area showing her giving a shooting demonstration at the inn in the early nineteen hundreds. When I got permission to hunt the grounds, I never expected to find anything related to her. I have never tried to find out the value of the relic, but it has been fun showing it to friends over the years. My token was also shot dead center.
 
Re: ANNIE OAKLEY- "American Icon" Relic found!

It gives me a healthy respect for that's girl's keen eye. As for me, I have trouble even seeing the broad side on a barn. We might all look the same outside, but what's inside can be as different as night and day. Kudos on your banner find!
 
Re: ANNIE OAKLEY- "American Icon" Relic found!

This is my first post .....I am amazed at what you guys are finding in the area. I started watching Treasurefiends videos a few months back and you guys have come a long way.

You guys have inspired me to get a metal detector within a few weeks.

The Annie Oakley target metal disc is just an awesome piece.....I have seen a few but not one with the center shot exact like yours.
Here is another picture of one with a little more information :
http://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?ahid=2812&aid=27714&lid=7883443

From what I understand it was thrown in the air and shot with a model 12 remington .22 caliber pump action rifle.
The little hole was there to pass out to little kids so they could put a string on it and wear it.

Awesome man......can't wait to get out there and start finding stuff.

James
 
Re: ANNIE OAKLEY- "American Icon" Relic found!

WOW!! THAT is an awesome find!!

Baggins
 
Re: ANNIE OAKLEY- "American Icon" Relic found!

I know that I am a bit late on this, but that is an awesome find! Congratulations.

Doug
 
Re: ANNIE OAKLEY- "American Icon" Relic found!

had to come back and take a look again!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
 
Re: ANNIE OAKLEY- "American Icon" Relic found!

Not Holey Crap, Holy Crap! Jeebus man that's one HELLUVAH FIND!!!!!!!!! Congrats on the banner!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom