tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Hey,

Time to let the cat out of the bag. Today's "meeting" was a job interview.

I've been out of the railroad industry for almost a year. Though my retail career has provided enough to pay the bills, we're still well short of where we want to be. After going on several interviews with 2 different railroads over the last year and getting rejected, I stumbled upon one in North Carolina last week.

Long story short, I was offered a job today. I'm going to be a Conductor/Locomotive Engineer again. (YAY!!)

My CRH'ing will have to take a back seat for awhile. By no means am I leaving the forum, just curtailing the hobby.

H$H!!
TGB

Upvote 0

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats awesome news for a job TGB!!

79!! Dry behind those ears a bit your still damp!! :laughing7: :laughing7:

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Congratson the job. My father, both grandfathers and one great grantfather all worked on the railroal. Back to the erir railroad, then the Erie Lackawanna, and eventually Conrail. MY dad died while working on a train in the Hoboken rail yard. hewas a mechanci on trains, and had a heart attack at work. died 4/21/1976.

But I:'m not trying ot be a downer on your job. Sorry. COngrats. It's a great opportunity. :icon_thumleft:

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
IIRC, several years ago, the conductor of a train used to stop his engine, along with all the cars, on the tracks. He would walk to a convenience store to get his morning coffee.

The bad part about this is that the train would cross several city streets, and create tremendous traffic jams during rush hour.

The story goes that the guy responsible was aloof and totally arrogant about what he was doing....until a few Indiana State Police officers decided to meet him at the coffee shop, cuffed him, and gave him a ride to downtown Indianapolis, and tossed him in jail.

Does anyone think that Tallguybry will be stopping his train at banks along his routes?

Headlines will read:

"Train Conductor Arrested While Searching For Silver"

Congrats on the new job!!!!

Poor Mans Gold

Feb 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on getting back into the work force. :icon_thumleft:
I'm glad my wife doesn't have to stimulate the economy all by herself.

Rascal

Feb 5, 2012
Western Arizona
Detector(s) used
Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Other
Having been without a job for some 10 weeks now I can relate how refreshing it is to find gainful employment once again. I have an offer but have been waiting on a professional license to go through. Mine arrived yesterday so now I can present with proper credentials and get a start date.

Sincere congrats. I have a buddy who drives for the UP, and know how excited he was to win a promotion to full engineer after 'paying his dues' for several years, first as a conductor then later as an apprentice.

Rascal

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
tallguybry said:
Diver_Down said:
tallguybry said:
47thelement said:
Hey bry! What's you function?

Sorry couldn't resist.

My function?? If you're asking what I will be doing, I'll start out working the ground as a Conductor, then I'll be "driving" trains once I am comfortable with being a Conductor.

H$H!!
TGB

I think 47th was referring to the classic School House Rock - Conjunction Junction (What's your funtion?). It depicts a RR conductor.

LOL! Got it!!

No wonder I didn't get it. "Conjunction Junction" aired in 1973 and I was born in 1979!!

H$H!!
TGB

I was shown this video in school 2 years ago.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, since nobody else will say it, I will.

!!YAHTZEE!!

Congrats on your job. It sounds far more exciting driving a train then it does a computer...... :hello2:

Lyfeguard

Jan 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats on the new job. Just think, once you start CRH'ing again you'll have a bigger bank roll and as previously stated a much wide territory to work!!!

$nack-Money

Jul 16, 2011
Make a condition of your employment be your own rail car that always follows you, where you can store your boxes of halves as you buy/dump along the train route. That would be the ultimate CRH vehicle :thumbsup:

rocky raccoon

Jan 24, 2012
nc
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup:congrats...but hey i live in nc,so easy on the horn

Attachments

• Scrooge-McDuck-468x341.jpg
    Scrooge-McDuck-468x341.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 458

tmjones550

Aug 16, 2011
The other S.C. upstate hunter here,I'll make sure and save you some silver.Congrats on your job!!!!

ScottNVAB

May 22, 2011
Congrats. But don't Choo think about dropping your dumps around these parts when you are on the long haul!
:icon_pirat:

SC

OP
OP
tallguybry

tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW guys!

I am taken back by the outpouring of support and congrats from my "CRH Family". I greatly appreciate it!

Getting back on the railroad has been something that I have dreamed of for almost a year. I was reflecting on the the events of the last 36 hours and I gotta tell you... I am extremely blessed!

So to you, my CRH family, I raise my glass in celebration! CHEERS!!

H$H!!
TGB

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
new career opportunity = new silver veins in the way.

Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread