Another Barber From Barber Beach

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Hey folks!

Got out to hunt with a friend today for one of the lowest tides of the year. Tried a few new sites without much success so we circled back to an old site one last time.

This site has been good to us. It’s now produced over 20 silver coins including 9 Barbers.

I was struggling to get over much and was on my way back to the car for a midday lunch break when I got a scratchy, surface tone I couldn’t pinpoint with the detector. I got down with my pinpointer and saw I had a silver dime, called over to my friend and did a live reveal together. Another 1907 Barber Dime, awesome!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1562024729.016222.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1562024738.216538.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1562024768.967979.jpg

Other notable finds include 6 wheats, a Washington tax token, a Seattle Transit token, and an old brass tag.

Here’s a bonus photo of finds from a brief outing yesterday evening.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1562024821.237155.jpg

Good luck out there folks!
-W

Upvote 14
Nice finds! You're digging in rocks, right? Next time you're out, take a pic of the beach ( without giving away your location, of course ). I don't think these east coast sand beach diggers appreciate Puget Sound beaches for digging in. Thanks for sharing.

Nice finds! You're digging in rocks, right? Next time you're out, take a pic of the beach ( without giving away your location, of course ). I don't think these east coast sand beach diggers appreciate Puget Sound beaches for digging in. Thanks for sharing.

You are correct! Here’s a photo of where I found a silver dollar on the beach about a year ago. Different site but similar terrain. It’s tough work, very rocky. Our Sandy beaches suck for detecting.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1562028087.087584.jpg

it's just a couple of little rocks, oh yeah, royal pain in the butt! kind of the reason I don't have a test garden LOL

Oh yeah! That's the kind of beach I remember! Spent half of my life near Puget Sound, a lot of time on the beaches and water.

Keep ripping my brother

Very cool stuff at the beach, congrats! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back