What's new

Another Barley Stubble Field - Day 3...

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,308
Reaction score
48,552
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a good day with Shaun7. :icon_thumright:
After 3 days on this field I still couldn't get a hammered :laughing9: Tried for 10hrs 45mins plus Dads 4.5hrs without success, but I ended the day with a few nice keepers.
(picture 1 shows the Lead we dug)

3 Livery Buttons - Lion, Griffin, & Heron
Royal Flying Corp Button - My first one, they were only in existence for a few years :)
1 Jetton
2 Lead Tokens
17th C Token
5 Scrappy Roman Coins
Royal Farthing
Rose Horse Brass
Plated Lead Lions Head :dontknow:
18th C Clog Clasp
Nice complete Medieval Buckle - type I have never seen :)
3 Bits of Silver - 18th C Cufflink, ? , Hinged Stud (Solitaire) - my first silver one :)
Circa 14th C Medieval Mount - Leaf Decor (needs research but I think box mount, maybe horse) :dontknow: My fav find of the day with the buckle close second.
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    165.9 KB · Views: 530
  • 9.webp
    9.webp
    38.9 KB · Views: 497
  • 8.webp
    8.webp
    33.7 KB · Views: 507
  • 7.webp
    7.webp
    67 KB · Views: 513
  • 6.webp
    6.webp
    42.6 KB · Views: 527
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    56.5 KB · Views: 528
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    70.3 KB · Views: 522
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    83.9 KB · Views: 534
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    46.9 KB · Views: 525
Upvote 0
The entire buckle in the center of the 7th picture is very strange .... and never seen one like it.
Good hunting! :thumbsup:
H
 
HISPAN said:
The entire buckle in the center of the 7th picture is very strange .... and never seen one like it.
Good hunting! :thumbsup:
H

Nor have I, definitely Medieval. I'm being to wonder, if it had a missing pin in the left hole making it a double ended buckle :o The rivet in the centre could have held it on leather.
 
The way I look at it Cru . . . I dig one button and I get excited, you dig 50 in a day
and it's less time to find hammered coins! :laughing7:

This piece is my favourite! :notworthy:

Looks like you and Shawn7 had a good day out today mate! :thumbsup:

Dave
 

Attachments

  • Very Nice.webp
    Very Nice.webp
    12.5 KB · Views: 502
The buckle is my second favourite, but, for me, the honours have to go to the RFC button :icon_thumleft:. As Cru said the Royal Flying Corps were only in existence for a few years before they became the RAF, so big thumbs up mate, looks like you have a good field too :thumbsup:. What did shaun find :dontknow:


hammered
 
Wow, that much lead had to have your pouch sagging a bit. Nice assortment of finds there, I think you are due for a killer coin here soon. Keep up the good work.
 
Love the extra silver bits mate :o I'll post mine later :icon_thumleft:
 
hammered said:
The buckle is my second favourite, but, for me, the honours have to go to the RFC button :icon_thumleft:. As Cru said the Royal Flying Corps were only in existence for a few years before they became the RAF, so big thumbs up mate, looks like you have a good field too :thumbsup:. What did shaun find :dontknow:


hammered

It was my first keeper of the day & in great condition with the shank intact & not bent, it started the day well.

Wallhangers said:
Wow, that much lead had to have your pouch sagging a bit. Nice assortment of finds there, I think you are due for a killer coin here soon. Keep up the good work.
With Lead in my front left pouch & other junk in my right it was a little heavy :P

shaun7 said:
Love the extra silver bits mate :o I'll post mine later :icon_thumleft:
yeah, good finish but not the silver I expecting :laughing9:
 
Do you ever have a bad day, LOL? Some hunts I find nothing. HH, Mike
 
Bavaria Mike said:
Do you ever have a bad day, LOL? Some hunts I find nothing. HH, Mike

Yes that one :laughing9:
 
a marathon session, i bet you were knackered at the end of the day digging all of those signals
 
Three nice Silver Bits and a Medievel double ended Buckle, and your other favorites
make a 'Bad day' :icon_scratch:
You Kill Me :D
 
derfel said:
a marathon session, i bet you were knackered at the end of the day digging all of those signals

Just training up for the big one :wink:

steelheadwill said:
Three nice Silver Bits and a Medievel double ended Buckle, and your other favorites
make a 'Bad day' :icon_scratch:
You Kill Me :D

Just joking, not a bad day, Sat was disappointing but this was much better. Its just slightly annoying that all the good signs are there but the killer find isn't.
 
Dang good day on the buttons Cru! That Silver button/cufflink is Sweet too. Congrats buddy :icon_thumleft: :wink:
 
Every day youre out you bring some nice stuff home. You must be close to the big deal youre waiting for... :icon_thumleft:
 
Silver Searcher said:
:hello:

I'd call that a good day :icon_thumleft: Buckle proberbly Horse related, early, a couple like it on UKFD, nice Silver pieces :icon_thumleft:

http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/ukdfddata/showrecords.php?product=2083&cat=193

SS

Interesting that they are not sure & they came to the same conclusion that Dad & I had that its horse related. Its earlier than I expected, bonus :icon_thumright: Thanks for researching, I haven't had time to start.

{Sentinel} said:
Dang good day on the buttons Cru! That Silver button/cufflink is Sweet too. Congrats buddy :icon_thumleft: :wink:

Cheers :icon_thumright:

Westfront said:
Every day youre out you bring some nice stuff home. You must be close to the big deal youre waiting for... :icon_thumleft:

Well, last year was a gold coin drought :wink: :D :icon_thumright:
 
I see you got another one of those rare jefferson nickles, droped by an American night hawker no doubt.
Great finds like always.
Mike
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom