The item being discussed is solid bronze. I think. The lady and pond are 2 separate pieces screwed together at the bottom and whole item weighs about 4lbs or a little more. Thnx for the help guys. Also under the word it says Italy I believe not a date. I can't bring up the writing on the seal as well. I'm feeling kinda stuck on this 1 guys.
Have you tried hot wax melted on it then put it in the freezer for about 30 mins then it should pop out easy and should be able to see what it said on the wax I used this about 10 times and got about 8 readable
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
It may say and be from italy but it is highly unlokely it is new or it would say china on it. It should have some type of manufacturers mark on it someplace. Have you looked it over with a good magnifying glass?
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
The marliese word. I found it its a town in Milan. Im thinking the stamp is the key here.. The rice paper and graphite didn't work, im going to try a more powerful loupe next
The marliese word. I found it its a town in Milan. Im thinking the stamp is the key here.. The rice paper and graphite didn't work, im going to try a more powerful loupe next
Could you post a link on that town or a map with the name Marliese?.Im not finding it. Even if its a small town it should be on the map. I think its the artists name and it may be Marliese but I am not getting any hits if I combine the name with bronze and Im not getting any helpful hits if I combine the name with Italy.
Put your loupe in front of the camera lens. What kind of camera are you using? The camera is not being identified.
I'm on my iPhone, have to get to my shop in the AM to get the better pics. I was looking at my previous pics and itching you are right, and may be a French name . My fault .i still think the unreadable seal will make all the difference.
Just tidying up some blasts from the past (including some very ancient ones), largely for the benefit of anyone searching the site for information.
Very nice.
The word is “Marcuse” and the date below it will be 1901. It’s a cast of the 1901 sculptural work by Rudolf Marcuse titled “Liegende am Teich” (laying by the pond). Marcuse was a German sculptor of Jewish origin, born in Berlin in 1878 and died in London in 1940 (not 1930 as said below):
View Liegende am Teich by Rudolf Marcuse on artnet. Browse upcoming and past auction lots by Rudolf Marcuse.
www.artnet.com
It’s not for any particular specific use. Although he did produce larger works, most of his sculptures were relatively small and intended for reproduction as decorative bronzes or pieces of porcelain, with the designs sometimes mindful for possible use as trinket trays and such. They’re often in art nouveau or art deco styles.
The circular stamp on the back will likely be a foundry mark. Many of his bronze pieces were cast by Hermann Gladenbeck but, if this piece is marked “Italy”, it won’t be a Gladenbeck piece since the Gladenbeck foundry was in Germany.