What's new

Another button question :"Walter Cahn. N.Y."

ToastedWheatie

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2013
Messages
534
Reaction score
750
Golden Thread
1
Location
Hudson Valley, NY
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
800
Infinium
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not mine, but from a member in another group.
Backmark says "Walter Cahn"" N.Y."

I find it odd that Goigle is making me work for info.
I can't find another reference.
Anyone familiar?
 
FB_IMG_1592008881219.webp
FB_IMG_1592008873606.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I found a Walter Cahn that was a uniform manufacturer in New York. He was born in 1878. Here's a link to the site I found him on. If it doesn't work go to family search.org and register (it's free) then search for Walter Cahn residence New York. It will bring up hundreds of listings but the one I found was on the first page. It doesn't give you his occupation there but if you view the original record and scroll to the right you will see it.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:X42K-V32
 
Upvote 0
This is looks to be the same man found by fyrffytr1. Death notice from the Jersey Journal 9/28/1936 indicates he made the uniforms for the Jersey City Police and Fire departments. As your button is the New Jersey seal it fits that he may have made the buttons for other organizations there as well.
 

Attachments

  • waltercahn2.webp
    waltercahn2.webp
    31.3 KB · Views: 83
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom