What's new

Another button

Butler

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2009
Messages
250
Reaction score
168
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac; X-1 Probe; Brain!
Found this awhile ago but never could put a date to it. The Infantry buttons I've seen similar to this just have the rifles and no vertical lines. Any ideas?

front2.webpbak2.webp
 
I believe its a WW1 1st Infantry, Company I Collar Disk.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
That’d be my guess
 
Upvote 0
I concur also
 
Upvote 0
I agree I know nothing about buttons but Ill agree
That is really cool I want to go somewhere that I could hunt old relics like that Well done
 
Upvote 0
Nice find along with a quick ID. Congrats
 
Upvote 0
Geez louise that was fast! Appreciate your help! Thanks guys!
 
Upvote 0
Congrats. Very good condition. :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
The date range could be reduced further to 1910-1924 based on the weapons being Springfields rather than muskets.
Evolution of U.S. Army Infantry Insignia
So, safe to consider it WWI era.

NH,
I don't doubt your ID but could you explain to me the difference between the disc dating 1910-1924 and the one below it, on the site you linked to, that dates 1924-1937? I can't tell. Oh yeah, thanks for that link. I added it to my meager library.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom