Another Circa 1815 New York State Militia Button

bookfisher

Bronze Member
Jun 18, 2005
Long Island, New York
Got back to the woods today for about an hour and a half. Good signals were far and few between; though I did dig a flat button, and just before it got dark, I found another C1815 NY State Militia Button. This one was found about 60 yards away from the other one and it has a broken shank. As with the other button posted yesterday, I cleaned it when I got home.

Attachments

• button2a.jpg
    button2a.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 396
  • button2b.jpg
    button2b.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 423
Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
You are killing me ;)....What a great month this has been for you! I think you better just buy that woods and camp outthere. WayTo Go!

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Another nice button.

I had a similar experience last yr at a site. I dug 2 circa 1816 riflemans buttons last yr at the same site. It was on different trips though.

When there's one there is always more.

HH Jer

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job.........once again!!!! I'm just curious........How deep are the items your digging! From that time period I like to keep my own information on how deep some of these item are found! Thanks Seeker

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Whew! For a second there, I was afraid you'd cleaned the other one and broken off the shank! :o

Congrats on another great find!

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
bookfisher

bookfisher

Bronze Member
Jun 18, 2005
Long Island, New York
The Seeker said:
Great job.........once again!!!! I'm just curious........How deep are the items your digging! From that time period I like to keep my own information on how deep some of these item are found! Thanks Seeker

Hi Seeker,

The button today pinpointed at 5 inches; though it actually may have been about 8 inches deep. I use A White's MXT and am not sure how totally accurate the machine is when it comes to depth. It's kind of wierd, all of my finds for the past several months read between 3 to 6 inches. It seems anytime I dig a deeper signal, say 8" or more it turns out to be junk iron.

dfxmatt

Jul 6, 2006
MICHIGAN
Detector(s) used
whites dfx and whites beachunter i.d. in summer
Holy crap man,

That button just wreaks of oldness.........looks ancient.

Keep poppin em out of there!

Mac

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Bookfisher! Another great find! It won't be long before you dig up the whole camp! Congrats and thanks for sharing...that's a VERY beautiful button.​

mobrigade

Feb 23, 2005
Missouri
Man bookfisher you have an awesome site, all of those items should stay together, they are obviously from the same unit....nice finds, relics rock!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread