Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

There was a horrible picture of the keys victim......it was sobering to see !! Be careful and trust your instinct....if it seems dangerous it probably is !! Everybody watch your back, and use the buddy system or you could just disappear !!

Upvote 20
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_20220815-071211_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220815-071225_Instagram.jpg
words can't express the fear and worry that is starting to creep up on this community.....were all not sure whats going on but its been a brutal summer of shark attacks down here....not only that, there have been quite a few more very close calls that have not been mentioned. No one says there was almost a shark attack...it dosent make the news. I belive the bull sharks are the culprit.....they are absolutely ruthless predators, and will ambush just about anything anywhere. Please prey and keep little Joshua in your hearts and thoughts !! The long hot summer continues down here, and there's more people in the water than ever !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not a doomsday guy....im not trying to scare anyone....im also not gonna sugar coat the situation and make another comment about how great the sharks are and how its just the normal way of things.

This is the truth
These sharks are over protected, over glorified, and far from being endangered. I fished on the biggest federally permitted shark operation in the United States!! We were the top producing shark boat in the USA for 10 consecutive years in a row, we also sat on the council for shark fishing at the national marine fisheries. You may have been led to believe sharks were over fished....and they might be in certain parts of the world, but here in the US, and bahamas they are booming to the point of over population because of lopsided protection policies that have allowed them to be disproportionate to the rest of the ecosystem. How do I know this you ask....because we were also the top research boat also !! We participated in more tracking and tagging programs than anyone else in Florida. I was ridiculed and harassed by activists and protesters. I was labeled a monster and a butcher, and had to fight in court to have images of me that were used with out my consent to wrongfully accuse me of illegal shark finning.....I was a legal shark finner for 20 years.....it was a glorious job and was similar to fighting in the coliseum every day !! Limited and monitored shark fishing is necessary folks....as ugly and bloody, and gory as it is !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started the thread in july,.....its only mid August now ?? How many shark attacks since then.....one or more a week ?? That sounds a little fishy...no pun intended....something is not right !!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scary stuff Bart! When my wife and I would travel from Michigan to the Florida panhandle (staying at Navarre Beach) I abided by a simple rule...never even get in the Gulf water over my knees. I would fish mostly on the Sound water. You can walk it for miles and usually not see anyone. Thanks for posting!

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021

There was a horrible picture of the keys victim......it was sobering to see !! Be careful and trust your instinct....if it seems dangerous it probably is !! Everybody watch your back, and use the buddy system or you could just disappear !!
🙏🏾 God bless this little warrior and his Family

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could not help shedding a tear for this kid....what a warrior !! The tears come from the thought of my own boy going through something like this, and a sense of relief and joy that he made it through this.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I've caught big ones like that here...people are just waking up to the fact that we have our own population of white sharks down here....no one used to believe us until we brought them in, then they banned us from catching them !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That one is a fat untagged female, thats ready to give birth !!

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
I haven’t liked being in the ocean past my waist since I saw the movie Jaws, even less now that cape cod has hundreds of great white sightings ever summer. I’m usually fairly comfortable at my favorite beach in New Hampshire until I started seeing seals this year and we all know what likes to eat them…………… white sharks so f*** that!!!!!

oldmxrat

Silver Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to spearfish every year in Hawaii and Mexico and thankfully never had more than a momentary scare from playful porpoises and seals.
I don't think I could muster the nerve nowadays.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Much better chance of being injured or killed in the car on the way to a beach than in the water at the beach.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Much better chance of being injured or killed in the car on the way to a beach than in the water at the beach.
Dont be surprised and also dont assume that being in the water is safe as it once was.

We will begin to see more and more shark related incidents.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont be surprised and also dont assume that being in the water is safe as it once was.

We will begin to see more and more shark related incidents.
Still not worried, still more worried about the drive. Odds of being bitten by shark 1 in 3,748,067, odds of being in car accident 1 in 366 every 1000 miles driven.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread