What's new

Another "Cresent Moon" ID please

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
12,783
Reaction score
143
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another "Cresent Moon" ID please

Anyone know this? It has the SC cresent alot like the button I posted a couple weeks ago. Maybe a cuff link? Military? Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • DSC00051.webp
    DSC00051.webp
    22.5 KB · Views: 360
  • DSC00052.webp
    DSC00052.webp
    43.9 KB · Views: 350
  • DSC00053.webp
    DSC00053.webp
    15 KB · Views: 350
Re: Another "Cresent Moon" ID please

Nick Pappagiorgio said:
That's got cuff link written all over it ... :icon_thumright:

Agreed.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Another "Cresent Moon" ID please

Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Montana Jim said:
Consider it's a shirt stud.

I disagree ...

The "C" is not the correct position ... It would hang wrong ...

Studs are symmetrical ...

~ Nick

I was thinking the post was bent, but, you're most likely right as that would have been one long stud post for a shirt...

Disregard!
 
Upvote 0
Re: Another "Cresent Moon" ID please

can you believe a pedophile having the same send off, as a prezident?.......NGE
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Re: Another "Cresent Moon" ID please

Hello Mike. I guess its a cufflink. I cannot find the crescent in my 1909 Sears catalog but there are similar rounded corner square shaped Masonic cufflinks. (bottom right) I also noticed some collar buttons to compare...
 

Attachments

  • cufflinks.webp
    cufflinks.webp
    56.5 KB · Views: 233
  • MVC-029S.webp
    MVC-029S.webp
    55.8 KB · Views: 234
  • MVC-034S.webp
    MVC-034S.webp
    45.6 KB · Views: 219
Upvote 0
Re: Another "Cresent Moon" ID please

Possibly half of a Sun & Moon Masonic set?

"The cufflinks are meant to be worn with the Moon cufflink on your left hand, and the Sun on your right. Evocative of not only the Junior and Senior Deacons, but also the Masculine/Feminine, the regularity over which you should govern your life, and the thought that every man spends his life some where between the Sun and the Moon, the moon on his left, and the Sun on his right, when he is facing South, the seat of Beauty."

I would guess early 20th c. Maybe late 19th c.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom