What's new

Another Day at a Desert Ghost Town

oldmxrat

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2020
Messages
10,911
Reaction score
47,607
Golden Thread
1
Location
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to an old mining town that I haven't been to for quite a while.
It still looks the same. :laughing7:
Perfect day of 77F and mostly sunny.
Besides the usual junk, I got:
1902-O dime
1892 nickel
a large clay marble
and part of a watch chain.
Cartridges included .45 long Colt, .44 WCF and .38 Colt

IMG_0393.webp
IMG_0394.webp
IMG_0395.webp
IMG_0396.webp
IMG_0397.webp


Bonus pics:
IMG_0388.webp
IMG_0389.webp
 
Upvote 32
Went back to an old mining town that I haven't been to for quite a while.
It still looks the same. :laughing7:
Perfect day of 77F and mostly sunny.
Besides the usual junk, I got:
1902-O dime
1892 nickel
a large clay marble
and part of a watch chain.
Cartridges included .45 long Colt, .44 WCF and .38 Colt

View attachment 2233309View attachment 2233310View attachment 2233311View attachment 2233312View attachment 2233314

Bonus pics:
View attachment 2233315View attachment 2233316
Man, good hunt! That dime is in great shape. The best part is that I got two coins in one day. Good job!
 
That V nickel looks great. The soil around here eats nickels for breakfast. Congrats on all the finds.
 
Went back to an old mining town that I haven't been to for quite a while.
It still looks the same. :laughing7:
Perfect day of 77F and mostly sunny.
Besides the usual junk, I got:
1902-O dime
1892 nickel
a large clay marble
and part of a watch chain.
Cartridges included .45 long Colt, .44 WCF and .38 Colt

View attachment 2233309View attachment 2233310View attachment 2233311View attachment 2233312View attachment 2233314

Bonus pics:
View attachment 2233315View attachment 2233316
Sweet! Nice coins.
 
Good evening all. I'm a little late today, but that is okay!
 
Great pictures & Congrats on the finds! That roller buckle is interesting. I’ve seen those used as accoutrement plates in Lon Kiem’s reference book.
 
MX do you need someone to come out there and help you with these ghost town hunts ? :)
 
Good evening all. I'm a little late today, but that is okay!
Better late than never ! Congrats on the next step up ( 5000)
 
Went back to an old mining town that I haven't been to for quite a while.
It still looks the same. :laughing7:
Perfect day of 77F and mostly sunny.
Besides the usual junk, I got:
1902-O dime
1892 nickel
a large clay marble
and part of a watch chain.
Cartridges included .45 long Colt, .44 WCF and .38 Colt

View attachment 2233309View attachment 2233310View attachment 2233311View attachment 2233312View attachment 2233314

Bonus pics:
View attachment 2233315View attachment 2233316
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom