Another Day of Digging! - Bale Seals, 1825 Large cent, Silver etc

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess mother nature listened, because we're still digging, although with the forecast that might soon change! We did our usual of trying to get onto new sites and then hitting a few backups, and it worked once again.
I was digging targets all day, including a pile of foil and junk. Managed four coins, 1961 silver quarter, 1882 Canadian Large Cent, 1825 US large cent, and a thin worn coin that may possibly be french but I'll need to examine it more. Also got a couple of nice bale seals, which were the finds of the day for me! Got a really neat buckle plus all the other odds and ends including 13 musketballs. Hey, I dug a lot of targets on December 28th and got a few keepers. Can't beat that!
IMG_5384.JPG
IMG_5386.JPG
IMG_5388.JPG
IMG_5390.JPG
IMG_5391.JPG

Upvote 7

ks coyote

Aug 30, 2012
Auburn Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX x 2, XLT, SL 90, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those LC's are very nice finds. Congrats on some quality digs.

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Very nice!
A lot of digging is always a good thing, even on the last few days of the year; it's very rare for us to able to detect at this time of year
the seals and the Victorian buckle are nice

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love me some lead seals. Great all around hunt

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sure did dig your share of targets there…don't see those american LC's turn up too often…and haven't dug a bale seal in years…hoping to get out again for another chance for them…odds are against us but stranger things have happened…but it's been a great Fall and nothing to complain about...

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great assortment of finds for your efforts, nice bale seals.

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I was really picking up the deep targets today! Been a while since I dug a bale seal too and those are my best so far. Next Sunday is calling for plus 6, it's those -12 temps between now and then that will likely freeze it up solid. We can't complain about this fall, hopefully spring comes earlier next year!

You sure did dig your share of targets there…don't see those american LC's turn up too often…and haven't dug a bale seal in years…hoping to get out again for another chance for them…odds are against us but stranger things have happened…but it's been a great Fall and nothing to complain about...

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds congrats on the silver score. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, the latest I'd been out before this year was a couple days before Christmas, and the past couple years it was late November/early December!

Very nice!
A lot of digging is always a good thing, even on the last few days of the year; it's very rare for us to able to detect at this time of year
the seals and the Victorian buckle are nice

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be happy with that, always looking to add a French seal to my case! But like everyone else they've been fairly scarce for me as well.

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd only gotten one french one before, and it was in worse shape. The other fellow we've been going with found a really nice french one in that area last week, it was as mint as they come out of the ground!
I'd be happy with that, always looking to add a French seal to my case! But like everyone else they've been fairly scarce for me as well.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread