May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dad spotted another field that only had about 50% success rate with the rape crop. Its never been a top of the list field but we have had a couple of Roman Coins from 1 corner so thought it worth a quick look before the weekend.
I did 3.5 hours & Dad joined me for about half of that.

6 Scrappies (Dad took 3 home to record properly)
1/2 18th C Pewter Queen Own VI Dragoons Button:sadsmiley:
Nice Tudor Rose Leather Mount:icon_thumright:
Lead Token
Cuff link
Cut half hammered of Henry III8-)

So a worthwhile little punt.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    194.3 KB · Views: 176
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 189
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 173
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 172
Upvote 8
Man you guys get to dig the real old stuff! Love it!

Mumble, mumble, mumble.....:icon_pale::BangHead: Man your lucky to dig such historical stuff, major jealous of your older coins and relics that you find over there... Try not to dig it all before I can get over and have a go at it... :D
Great digs, awesome sites !!
Keep @ it and HH !! :D

Man you guys find the best stuff! Love it!

I want failed oilseed rape fields too..... Glad you're out and :icon_thumleft: for the hammered!

From the title of your post I thought you were saying the hunt was a failure, but I can see it was far from that. That's a nice early pipe bowl. All of mine have been dug in pits from below the plow zone. How did that one survive?

Few years ago I hit a plowed field and before we hit it we could see pipe stems, colonial glass,etc just laying in the field!! Boy that is when you know you are in a good spot! Awesome finds!

I'm always impressed with your finds Crusader. You and your dad make some incredible finds. :icon_thumleft:

Cru, I always enjoy your posts. Sorry for the language barrier between English and American. What is a "rape crop"?

From the title of your post I thought you were saying the hunt was a failure, but I can see it was far from that. That's a nice early pipe bowl. All of mine have been dug in pits from below the plow zone. How did that one survive?

A little bit of luck...

very nice finds congrats HH

THE CRUSADER RULES !!!Those are some incredible finds...Congrats to you and your dad=ED

Thanks everyone, we will try another field today. The bottom half of the one we did last weekend.

Nice Rose mount !;-)

Cru, I always enjoy your posts. Sorry for the language barrier between English and American. What is a "rape crop"?

I had no idea either!

I had no idea either!

At hunting clubs in Alabama, they plant food plots for deer. One year my club planted rape seed. The plant was similar to a turnip plant

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back