Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
You don't see many schoolyard posts from me because I generally prefer older sites, but every once in a while it's nice to go to a site with loads of signals instead of the endless steady threshold of a colonial site . Last weekend was my first outing at a school site with my CTX-3030. I hit this particular school once or twice a year in the past and it always gave up a wheat cent or two and some jewelry.

I was impressed on the performance of the CTX, finding 8 deep Wheaties (between 5 and 8 inches), some junk jewelry and a vintage sterling Boy Scout ring. I also dug $3.26 in change, possibly a (non beach) record for me.

003a.JPG

006a.JPG

Upvote 8

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Neil, that is a great haul, congrats! The AAA mini-badge/lapel pin was issued to kids assigned as crossing guards at their school, they had to earn them! I still have mine, issued to me in 1970 at an award ceremony for being part of a crossing guard unit for the entire school year of fifth grade. Happy Hunting, Sub

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice finds congrats HH

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, there's a LOT of work in a properly researched and planned historical hunt. Sometimes, it's just plain fun to go where there's a good signal every few feet. Can get to be a lot of physical work too! But, ahhhh, the wonderful pile of coins at the end! just plain fun! :icon_thumright:

HH!

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you mean about the non-signals at a colonial site. It takes a lot of patience to hunt a previously hunted site. I've hunted all day a few times and literally found nothing. Sometimes a change of pace is nice. I've hunted a few older homesites that are still in use lately and it's nice to have a few signals to dig.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Het Neil,
that Sterling scout ring is way cool.

But I got to say finding find wheats at 5 to 8 inches is not that impressive, for a detector that expensive, there are detectors that would have done it at a third the price even at 10 plus inches. Teknetics Omega, and Garrett AT Pro will hit 10 inch coins , no problem.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread