What's new

Another first: 0.925 silver

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2008
Messages
1,184
Reaction score
282
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this in a CWR today. In 1919 the canadian used sterling silver to make coins. I's kind of beated up. But I will keep it.

P9091892.webp

P9091893.webp
 
Upvote 0
Sweet find there :thumbsup:
HH..Miner
 
Early canadians are really neat coins, and they're hard to find. Nice score!
 
Good find :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I'll bet it's harder to find one of those than a Barber.
HH
Rich
 
Rich Hartford said:
Good find :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I'll bet it's harder to find one of those than a Barber.
HH
Rich

Rich:
I would say so. I only found one barber in a CWR.
 
They started using .925 earlier than 1919. What year was the coin you found I couldn't make out the date. 1919? I found this coin two years ago it was a 1915. I haven't found any US coin older than that. Although I have found a few older foreign coins but they weren't silver. Nice find you have there. Congrats.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,170284.0.html

GL and HH,
Frank
 
Frank, mine is 1919. It has an attractive toning of high content silver. Your dime is in much better condition. The other old silver foreign coin I found is a 1913 india one rupee, which has 91.7% silver.
 
I'd be really happy with that ! I love old Canadian silver and British silver !!!!!!! Argentium.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom