Another first Big Silver and a great 6 silver day with Jewlery

bamadigtab

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is from a hunt I did several weeks back not today hope you enjoy.

Had a great day out today, was out about 4 hours maybe a little less. I've only been out 2 times this year the first I found a real ugly rosie. Today I found another first for me BIG SILVER, A Walker, very nice. I found 15 wheats and 6 silver coins and a sterling silver ring about 3/8 inch wide, and about size 5. A small ring but hey sterling. The walker was my 3rd silver coin of the day, but it did have friends in the same hole was a wheat and also the 42 washington quarter. I was as Phil on Duck Dynasty says,"Happy, Happy, Happy". I also found a nice small compact and a copper WOW token coin that was the same size of the half I found. If any one has any info on the WOW coin please give me feed back. My list of silver coins are as follows: 3 mercs, 1 Walker, 1 Washington, and 1 silver war nickle, making a total of 7 silvers for the year. Not as good as some but still not to bad for only 2 hunts this year. I'm, "Happy, Happy, Happy" LOL. Well here is the vid and as always pictures are below

IMG_0782.jpgIMG_0799.jpgIMG_0800.jpgIMG_0801.jpgIMG_0802.jpgIMG_0803.jpgIMG_0804.jpgIMG_0805.jpgIMG_0806.jpgIMG_0807.jpgIMG_0808.jpgIMG_0809.jpgIMG_0810.jpgIMG_0811.jpgIMG_0812.jpgIMG_0798.jpgIMG_0797.jpgIMG_0783.jpgIMG_0784.jpgIMG_0785.jpgIMG_0786.jpgIMG_0787.jpgIMG_0788.jpgIMG_0789.jpgIMG_0790.jpgIMG_0791.jpgIMG_0792.jpgIMG_0793.jpgIMG_0794.jpgIMG_0795.jpgIMG_0796.jpgIMG_0813.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 7
Congrats you took a lot of silver! HH

Small yard and the silver came like popcorn once I found the first piece. The quarter was under the Half in the same hole. Had fun.

You sir had a great time! What an amazing number of coins and neat articles. I suspect you will return to that spot many times and still find more. Thank you for sharing, it is good to see someone really hitting a good spot. Really great pictures and video as well. What detector were you using??..................63bkpkr

You sir had a great time! What an amazing number of coins and neat articles. I suspect you will return to that spot many times and still find more. Thank you for sharing, it is good to see someone really hitting a good spot. Really great pictures and video as well. What detector were you using??..................63bkpkr

I found a Whites XLT for $400 on ebay. Saved 1100 dollars on an e-trac. I've learned my XLT very well and use 2 modes while hunting, the factory coin mode in conjunction with a custom program I created which get deeper signals. If I get a promising deep signal 7 inches or so. I will swap over to my custom mode and recheck it if I then get a good coin signal I dig. I hit a nice silver coin spill using this mode last year. So far I have dug dimes as deep as 7 inches which is unheard of around here because of the highly mineralized soil in our area, but to be honest unless a place has been filled with dirt you shouldn't have to go much deeper than 4-5 inches because the objects hit a layer of harder clay and generally stop so I find most of my wheats and silver between half an inch to 5 inches. Between last year and this year I've found 81 silver coins and over 400 Wheat's. I don't have a preference when it comes to brand names cause I believe a detector is only as good as the user who uses it. An e-trac, AT Pro, Whites DFX, XLT, or Fisher F75 all are good as long as you know the machine and are proficient in using it. Of course even someone proficient at using a detector wont find anything unless they get the loop over it. Finding old sites that hasn't been hit is more important than the detector one uses. Anyway that's just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions they are like butt holes everyone has one:laughing7::laughing9::laughing3::laughing11:

Bama,
Interesting you are using an XLT as of course I also have one. Been away from it for several years and have been trying to get back to using it then the new job came up and now the shoulder surgery, everything keeps slowing me down. Would you be willing to share your special program? Have you ever seen/used any of "Foxes" programs offered on the Whites site?.................63bkpkr

Great finds reminds me when i moved into the house i live in now years ago it is 126 years old the entire property was loaded with old silver and copper coins nice to see someone hit a undetected virgin site my Sovereign GT still finds a coin or two very deep . Those are some great pictures of finds :icon_thumright: .HH Jim

Last edited:
Wonderful hunts! The year 1942 was good to you with the silver Walker & quarter; 1942 good year for me also cuz that's when I was born, ha-ha. Excellent photos too. Andi

What a great day of detecting, love days like that!

Wow very cool finds:thumbsup:

Bama,
Interesting you are using an XLT as of course I also have one. Been away from it for several years and have been trying to get back to using it then the new job came up and now the shoulder surgery, everything keeps slowing me down. Would you be willing to share your special program? Have you ever seen/used any of "Foxes" programs offered on the Whites site?.................63bkpkr

Sure I would be glad to share the program. I will have to jot down the settings and send you a PM. If I have used any of the Foxes I'm not aware

Great bunch of treasure !

those are some great sites your hitting BAMA. awesome finds,but why no gold, Indian head cents, or non-silver nickles?

Man ive been dreaming about one of those walkers. Whats funny is 2 weeks ago i found my first half and it was a barber lol.

those are some great sites your hitting BAMA. awesome finds,but why no gold, Indian head cents, or non-silver nickles?

I couldn't post all my finds that I've found LOL .... but I've got gold IH's and yes believe it or not non-silver nickles!!!!! LOL ... some buffs and got Barbers also just not posted. I just joined this forum I usually post on a different forum and most of my posts are there so I will be posting more to come. :icon_thumright::icon_thumleft: I can also post my 3 five gallon buckets of can slaw that's going to the scrap heap for recycling if you want as well :laughing7::laughing9:

Last edited:
Posted by Keith2004

Here are pics of A buff and IH's and Gold

IMG_0910.jpgIMG_0911.jpgIMG_0453.jpgIMG_0455.jpgIMG_0500.jpgIMG_0501.jpgIMG_0910.jpgIMG_0911.jpgIMG_0453.jpgIMG_0455.jpgIMG_0500.jpgIMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0260.jpgIMG_0263.jpgIMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

Sorry I doubled up on the IH's and Buffalo

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back