What's new

Another Gilded Button :) Need ID please

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
1,755
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Hello,

I was fortunate enough to find 4 more buttons today, and 2 have gilt on the back. I destroyed one while "cleaning" it, so i can only read the other. If someone has a button book, and does not mind looking this up, I would appreciate you sharing the information on this little treasure I found. It looks awful in the photo, not quite so bad in person :). If only online dating worked the same way...

WEYMAN & CLARK

EXTRA RICH

Thank you very much,
Anthony
 

Attachments

  • weyman.webp
    weyman.webp
    18.2 KB · Views: 230
Apparently, little is known about this firm, although it is mentioned in c. 1820's-40's documents from the estate of George Crawford, a textile and cloth merchant in Hudson and Albany, New York.
 
Upvote 0
Wow, I was under the impression all button manufacturers were known and documented. Thank you for the information.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom