What's new

Another good box of nickels

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2006
Messages
1,930
Reaction score
811
Golden Thread
0
Location
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I searched a box of Brinks nickels this morning before my shift started. Only the 2nd roll in, i pull 2 buffalos. The roll after that, i spot a war nickel. Thought it was going to be a dream nickel box but the action started to die out after that. Still ended up with 6 buffalo nickels and 2 war nickels out of this box. Top row(1917,1926,1934) Bottom row(1935,1936,1937). The war nickels are 1944-P and 1945-S. Thanks for looking. HH-MM2
 

Attachments

  • DSCN3880.webp
    DSCN3880.webp
    75 KB · Views: 341
Upvote 0
I'd say you did darn well. Never seen a clean buff before as the ones I did are always rusty looking
 
crazyjarhead said:
I'd say you did darn well. Never seen a clean buff before as the ones I did are always rusty looking
I've got a few of those too, or sometimes i find them with corrosion.
 
That was a nice box.......Matt
 
Thanks Rich, Matt. Nickel boxes are usually good for at least 1 keeper per box in my area but this box is above average. One of these days, i'm going to get a box that has 30 or 40 buffalo nickels in it.
 
Way to go...North Jerseyboy!
Love the photos, thanks!
Congrats on the Buffs
rileyboy
 
Thank you Sir.
 
Very nice box MM!!! :thumbsup: I've found war nicks now and again when I search nickel boxes but never a buffalo - hope to find one someday!!! :icon_thumleft:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 
$ilver$urfer said:
Very nice box MM!!! :thumbsup: I've found war nicks now and again when I search nickel boxes but never a buffalo - hope to find one someday!!! :icon_thumleft:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
Just keep at it, you'll find one.
 
Good score mountainman , love the pic :thumbsup:
HH...Miner
 
Better than the 2 boxes of nickels I did yesterday! nice finds! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom