Another good "clad" day using high discrimination, Stage 1 with my Whites MX5

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another good "clad" day using high discrimination, Stage 1 with my Whites MX5

This is the 5th time back to the SW Georgia school yard; found 49 quarters, 41 dimes & 31 cents.....a total of 121 clad coins for a face value of $16.66. Hope everyone that can hunt this time of year is able to get out.....the ground in our area has great moisture and easy digging.....and weather in the mid 60's. Good Luck & Happy Hunting.

002.JPG

Bill

Last edited:
Upvote 5

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
looks like a virgin spot. Thanks for posting with pics. It helps us housebound dirt fisherman in the north. I'ts currently a balmy 0 degrees outside.

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
looks like a virgin spot. Thanks for posting with pics. It helps us housebound dirt fisherman in the north. I'ts currently a balmy 0 degrees outside.
Thanks for your comment, Sarge......I changed my thread to reflect that it is the 5th time .....and here are the 4 previous results at this school:

1st Time: F
ound 119 coins total: 46 quarters, one which was a 1913-D silver Barber quarter; 37 clad dimes, 2 nickels, and 34 pennies(1 was a wheat cent)....That's $15.64 face value.

2nd Time: Found 3 Kennedy Clad Halfs, 67 clad quarters, 61 clad dimes, and 45 memorial pennies......
Total 176 coins, total value $24.80.

3rd Time: Also found another Kennedy Clad Half dated 1971, 70 clad quarters, 36 clad dimes, and 26 cents, including a 1946 wheat cent......Total 133 coins, total value $21.86.

4th Time: Found 172 coins total: 72 quarters, 49 clad dimes, 1 nickel, and 50 cents in 5 1/2 hours....
That's $23.45 face value.

So.....not bad for an area that I have already hunted 4 times......Supports the premise, "An area is never 100% hunted out".

HH
Bill

Last edited:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fun day, ain't it! Just walking around picking up money. LOL

How long did it take to find all that?

WTG!

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fun day, ain't it! Just walking around picking up money. LOL

How long did it take to find all that?

WTG!
Thanks for asking......I was at the site 5 hours.....but 1 hour was in the tot lot area of this grade school and only found 2 quarters & 2 dimes, so moved to the old previous H.S. football field & snack bar area and found the rest.

HH
Bill

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang Bill. Was this all in one school yard or several?

No....just one Huge County grade school complex(which used to be the old H.S.) on, guessing 5 acres.....and the best part I haven't mentioned yet, I have not been to the newer Middle School and High School yet.....I guess I need to check when they were built...lol

HH
Bill

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
looks like a fun hunt and profitable at that

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very productive spot!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have one of those older schools that I was hunting (before the ground froze). The newer football field was established in 1965, and now is used for the JR High school. The older field (now a practice field) was used prior the 60's for all grades. The land has been school property since the mid 1800's. I have found 4 mercs and a barber dime near the older field. I hunted the area about 5 times, mostly cherry picking around the bleachers and side lines as well as the grass between the bleachers and the concessions stand and pulled close to $100 in clad. Some areas were so full of targets, that if it didn't ring in as a quarter, I didn't dig it. I will get back to those areas when I grid the property out this season.

sliverslave

Nov 17, 2012
Co.
Detector(s) used
Explorer ||
Bill I bet you were a little sore the next day. Lot of clad and a lot of squats.
HH Sliverslave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread