What's new

Another good find at the "hunted out" park.

JSMITH

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2013
Messages
299
Reaction score
128
Golden Thread
0
Location
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO,Garrett Ace 250,Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same park as my last post. Iffy mid tone reading 8 inches deep on the AT Pro. Turned out to be a 1912-S Liberty Head "V" Nickel sitting on edge! Key date/mintmark! Too bad it's so toasted! Haha. Still, I bet I'll never find another one. HH my fellow Washingtonian's!
 

Attachments

  • 1425871024820.webp
    1425871024820.webp
    21.1 KB · Views: 235
  • 1425871035405.webp
    1425871035405.webp
    14.5 KB · Views: 226
  • 1425871045922.webp
    1425871045922.webp
    21.3 KB · Views: 231
I loved finding old V's and Barbers when I used to detect hardcore. Too bad it's so corroded but still a great find :notworthy:
 
Yeah I wish it was in better shape! I often find myself torn between prospecting and detecting. Finds like these keep me detecting mostly. Haha. I just love the history. But prospecting is a close second. Being on the river does something for the soul I can't quite describe.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom