What's new

ANOTHER GOOD SIZE STASH OF SILVER FOUND ON ROAD TRIP!! LOTS OF PICS!!!

golden silver

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
2,771
Reaction score
121
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Ok, It has been a while since I posted any finds but a couple of weeks ago I went on another road trip and found a good stash of old silver. It was not as large as my other find but it was at least half as big or slightly more. A few weeks ago I had the exact count of everything I found but I lost the paper and the coins are now with the rest in my collection. I do have my pictures of the new stash though for everyone to enjoy. This road trip was to the north and was about 3 hours away but well worth if you ask me. Similar to my other story I was having normal luck at several banks along my route finding a few 90% kennedies and several 40%ers before happening on a one bank town. It was off the beaten path but they had eight hundred dollars worth of hand rolls stored up for years. I ofcourse bought them all and it was well worth it. The youg teller showed me a roll that had 1968 written on the side and asked me if that made me excited. I was like yeah that is alright trying to not seem so obvious. I asked at that time If they had any large dollars and the girl was like the silver ones and I was like Yeah!!! She said "Oh yeah we have lots." "let me go check in the vault." This is a good example of false hope that happens quite often as I waited for 15 minutes will my heart thumping she said she was mistaken and they were not what she thought they were. Oh well. I did not press the issue because I had 800 halves to go through. Once in the car I unwrapped several roles of 90% old silver WALKERS, BENS AND 64 KENS. I also found many 40%ers. I also found another Barber half 1907 with partial liberty. So Here are the pics Yall and I hope you enjoy looking as much as I do. In total I believe it was 250 40%ers, 20 64's, 42 Walkers, 37 Bens, 1 Barber.

-Golden Silver
 

Attachments

  • coin.webp
    coin.webp
    8.3 KB · Views: 557
  • coin1.webp
    coin1.webp
    8.9 KB · Views: 556
  • coin2.webp
    coin2.webp
    9 KB · Views: 557
  • coin3.webp
    coin3.webp
    5.8 KB · Views: 550
  • coin4.webp
    coin4.webp
    5.7 KB · Views: 551
  • coin5.webp
    coin5.webp
    4.7 KB · Views: 540
  • coin6.webp
    coin6.webp
    5.5 KB · Views: 551
  • coin7.webp
    coin7.webp
    6 KB · Views: 539
  • coin8.webp
    coin8.webp
    4.3 KB · Views: 544
  • coin9.webp
    coin9.webp
    10.5 KB · Views: 543
  • coin10.webp
    coin10.webp
    12.8 KB · Views: 545
Upvote 0
Congrates on a great find.

HH
Cat
 
Good gosh GS!!! What a trip. No doubt you had fun on that road trip. Who wouldn't....ha!

Love the pictures too....you know me and pictures....lol. Special kudos on that Barber. What year is it? Any 55's in the lot of Frankie's? Any key date Walkers?

I wonder why it took her 15 minutes to check on those large dollars.......hmmmmmmm....... ??? I am just curious but did she say what they were...instead of large dollars?

Again, congrats on a VERY successful road trip. I love road trips for possibility of the big hit.....LIKE YOURS!

WAHOOOOOOO
 
Lj, the Barber is a 1907 D partial Liberty. It is in great shape for having been circulated for 100 years. I have found many 55 franks but what are they worth? What are the key date Walkers? Mint Marks? Etc. I also found a 1982 clad proof in pristine condition that I did not mention along with a 1966 colored kennedy. Thanks for the kind remarks. I admire your work too.

-Golden Silver
 
From the 2009 Red Book.......

55 Franklin - VF-20 $16 EF-40 $20


As for the Walkers, the keys dates would be......
1. 21-D
2. 21
3. 16-S Obverse
4. 38-D
5. 21-S
6. 16-D Obverse
7. 16
8. 17-S Obverse
9. 17-D Obverse
10. 19
11. 19-D

My opinion......any Walker is a good one in my book.....ha!
 
The 55 Franklin also had an error they call Bugs Bunny cause it looks like it has buck teeth.

Congratulations on your treasure. Nice road trip.

I just hope you didn't rush out and sweep up before me and my family come visit. LOL
Save me some.

Mojo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom