What's new

ANOTHER GREAT DAY WITH MORE SILVER FOR EVERYONE!!!

basque-man

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2014
Messages
2,525
Reaction score
3,120
Golden Thread
1
Location
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So we hit it hard again this weekend; starting at 0700 till 1700!!! Weather has been great and the sandy ground has been great for digging. We hit our army base again looking for new areas to grid search over the long winter as long as the snow stays away.

While the son wondered around with another partner, myself and a buddy decided to start grid searching. After a few hours we had a nice pocket of silver. He managed 2 Rosies, 1 Merc and a Washington (also found 1 Od War 5c). I sneaked out 1 Merc, 1 OD War 5c, 1 Washington 25c and a Franklin Half. The son was kinda grumpy not finding coins like last week. He did manage though a cool looking (newer) marksmen medal and an old sterling bracelet which I thought was the find of the day along with a smashed silver ring. He did however end up with some wheats and a nice Rosie and Merc!!! Our other buddy who decided to metal detect in front of us before we got the string moved pulled 1 Washington, 1 Merc and 1 OD War 5c.

Were thinking the area we are hitting must have been an old school because of the amount of toys, coins and religious medallions. So much area to hit and so little time before we see lots of snow!!!! Oh well. Thanks for looking and keep digging........
 

Attachments

  • 112215d.webp
    112215d.webp
    223.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 112215m.webp
    112215m.webp
    43.3 KB · Views: 128
  • 112215L.webp
    112215L.webp
    27.6 KB · Views: 116
  • 112215a.webp
    112215a.webp
    207.1 KB · Views: 114
  • 112215b.webp
    112215b.webp
    152.7 KB · Views: 108
  • 112215e.webp
    112215e.webp
    145.5 KB · Views: 109
  • 112215f.webp
    112215f.webp
    33.4 KB · Views: 108
  • 112215g.webp
    112215g.webp
    39.5 KB · Views: 116
  • 112215h.webp
    112215h.webp
    33.6 KB · Views: 111
  • 112215i.webp
    112215i.webp
    49.6 KB · Views: 114
  • 112215j.webp
    112215j.webp
    44.2 KB · Views: 108
  • 112215k.webp
    112215k.webp
    32 KB · Views: 104
  • 112215N.webp
    112215N.webp
    34.6 KB · Views: 128
Upvote 40
I'm really jelly, ha.
All great finds, and a great spot to boot. My favorite is the bracelet!
Congrats!
 
That base certainly has been a great place to hunt.
 
Great OD nick there! Those never get old to find!
 
Nice day of silvers and other finds, the ring has some age to it.
 
Killer bracelet and I want a Benny!!! Congrats on a nice hunt.
 
Great pics and finds, you don't see Franklin halves dug very often.
 
WOW! You guys did really well. I only have one Franklin, just can't seem to find another one... hard coin. Jewelry too, I like the sharp shooter medal and bracelet. Congrats and best of luck to you and the gang!
 
Wow what an awesome hunt..:headbang:..Congrats..:occasion14:
 
Is the "newer" Marksman Medal Silver ?...Kinda Looks it.
Sweet Bracelet as well, & lots of Silver -OH YEAH!
 
Is the "newer" Marksman Medal Silver ?...Kinda Looks it.
Sweet Bracelet as well, & lots of Silver -OH YEAH!

Not sure.....It isn't marked in the back like the older ones we have found.
 
Very nice. I'm liking the Franklin Half.
 
I get teary-eyed seeing all of those beautiful finds..sniff...these are the hunts that us mortals dream of. Congratulations on a spectacular day. Sub 8-)
 
Hey Bolle,

You pull silver, I pull clad! Congratz! One of these days I'm gonna go with you.

Grease
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom