Another MDer Hazard

Duckman Willcox

Sep 20, 2015
SouthTexas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500, XP Deus, Simplex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today I was checking out a large night club with huge parking lot. At the entrance some 35 years ago a farm house stood there. I got permission and started swinging. The problem was I could be seen from a major Highway and the can slaw was awful. I decided to stop MDing and put it in the trunk. I just started walking the parking lot. First a Deputy Sherriff car showed up. Then they kept rolling in, after the fourth one I stopped and started to approach them. Well after some conversation I had to unlock my trunk, show my Drivers license, and my car plates were recorded. They were extremely friendly. Well obviously someone driving by thought was carrying a rifle not being able to see the coil. I think the terrorists have won because of how we now have to live. PS I am 71 years old and on the heart transplant list. I guess I am mean looking as I limp along.

whammy

Oct 23, 2012
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on, you know you can't trust us old timers. Heehee, we know all the tricks. Ps I'll be 72 next month and Have a Merry Christmas to you and the family.

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll give both of you "seasoned" gents a big one of these! :thumbsup:

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grey beanie...black hoodie...dark green Levi's bomber jacket. 4 inch coil is called a "sniper coil"....

Then that terrible Sampson shovel I carry...I must look absolutely menacing at a spry 40 years old.

No wonder I have never been approached....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions