What's new

another musket sideplate to be i.d-ed

leddel

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2006
Messages
589
Reaction score
257
Golden Thread
0
Location
connecticut
heres a sideplate that was found at a colonial cellar site , anyone know what particular musket its from ??? also this one has some great hand scrolled artwork on it . thanks in advanced .

Dan
 

Attachments

  • side plate 1.webp
    side plate 1.webp
    11.8 KB · Views: 807
  • side plate 2.1.webp
    side plate 2.1.webp
    17.1 KB · Views: 869
I am sure Pete will nail it,but wow!!Awesome piece!
 
Upvote 0
Sorry had a Ribeye on the grill & some things come first. :laughing7: My best guest for your piece would be a Fowler maybe french like the one below close but not quite.The one below is another kit deal put together & I can't find a side view of the real deal.So...????
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:
 

Attachments

  • d4[1].webp
    d4[1].webp
    73.9 KB · Views: 512
Upvote 0
It looks similar to the kind of sideplate you'd see on a French trade musket from the mid 1700's. I'll poke around a bit more later and see if I can find anything to match it.
 
Upvote 0
Timekiller said:
Sorry had a Ribeye on the grill & some things come first. :laughing7:

thats quite alright Pete , you definately had you priorities in order . no one gets between me and a good steak either :laughing7: :laughing7:

thanks for your help , i agree it looks very close and is probably the type of gun :icon_thumright:

NOLA_Ken said:
It looks similar to the kind of sideplate you'd see on a French trade musket from the mid 1700's. I'll poke around a bit more later and see if I can find anything to match it.

thanks Ken
 
Upvote 0
well I looked around and still didn't find an exact match, I'm still thinking along the lines of French or European at the least. What is it made of? It looks silver in the pics which would make it from an expensive rifle.
 
Upvote 0
That's one beautiful piece.

So nice to find it intact.


-Buck
 
Upvote 0
Definitely not from a musket, way too fancy. I agree with the fowler, some of them were quite ornate.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom