Another odd rock found behind stone wall

Kathleen Anne

Jan 18, 2018
Grapeview, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this very unusual rock behind a stone wall of petrified wood on my property in the Puget Sound area of WA state. Is it just a rock? Or perhaps something else? DSCF9347.jpg DSCF9346.jpg
Thank you. DSCF9350.jpg DSCF9353.jpg DSCF9355.jpg DSCF9351.jpg ploaded more pictures

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Appears natural. When asking questions on rocks it greatly helps to post pictures of all sides, no picture of other side posted.

DaveSmith

May 26, 2020
western nc.....foothills
Detector(s) used
none
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I believe I see a definite patina difference between the "ring" between the hump and the outside edges. The hump and outside edge have a green tint to them where as the inner ring is different.
The last set of pictures of the edge view seem to show a dished out middle in the hump.
The outside shape of the stone resembles some manos I have
Being found next to a stone wall, it could have been a mano that was then altered by someone during the building of the wall. 18 and 19 century settlers used stones also for different things.
I'm not saying a native American made it in the first place but it does, in my opinion seem to have been altered by man but for what purpose I have no idea.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread