What's new

Another Old AZ Silver!

oldmxrat

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2020
Messages
10,893
Reaction score
47,477
Golden Thread
1
Location
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took a drive into Arizona yesterday to do some recon on a new spot I've been looking into. It turned out to be a dud, all of the viable hunting area was behind 'No Trespassing' signs. :BangHead:
It just so happens that my new favorite ghost town wasn't far out of the way heading home.
My very first target there was a 1885 dime!
A little bit later I popped the great seal button, my first!
Also got a harmonica reed plate with all of the reeds still there,
an oversized safety pin with a patent date of 1883,
and the usual ghost town junk.
IMG_0688.webp
IMG_0689.webp
IMG_0690.webp
IMG_0691.webp
IMG_0695.webp
 
Upvote 34
Sweet firsts!
:Dime
:For the new coil
:Button
:Safety pin is a bonus if you need to hold them up, when you load these pockets up.
Nicely done sir
 
You are KILLING It! Congrats on the Button and Dime! :hello2:
 
Took a drive into Arizona yesterday to do some recon on a new spot I've been looking into. It turned out to be a dud, all of the viable hunting area was behind 'No Trespassing' signs. :BangHead:
It just so happens that my new favorite ghost town wasn't far out of the way heading home.
My very first target there was a 1885 dime!
A little bit later I popped the great seal button, my first!
Also got a harmonica reed plate with all of the reeds still there,
an oversized safety pin with a patent date of 1883,
and the usual ghost town junk.
View attachment 2240570View attachment 2240571View attachment 2240572View attachment 2240573View attachment 2240575
Man, I'm going to visit you someday so you can take me hunting in one of those places. Congratulations on that Liberty Seated coin! I think that new coil works really well.
 
That's cool you can still see the date on the dime. Are you currently using the XP Deus 2 or Nokta Legend?
Only using the D2 since I got it. I think I'm done with the Legend.
 
Sweet firsts!
:Dime
:For the new coil
:Button
:Safety pin is a bonus if you need to hold them up, when you load these pockets up.
Nicely done sir
Thanks Peps, feels good to get that first one out of the way!
 
Man, I'm going to visit you someday so you can take me hunting in one of those places. Congratulations on that Liberty Seated coin! I think that new coil works really well.
Come any time my friend!
 
Outstanding Performance
Congratulations on your success!!!!!
 
Took a drive into Arizona yesterday to do some recon on a new spot I've been looking into. It turned out to be a dud, all of the viable hunting area was behind 'No Trespassing' signs. :BangHead:
It just so happens that my new favorite ghost town wasn't far out of the way heading home.
My very first target there was a 1885 dime!
A little bit later I popped the great seal button, my first!
Also got a harmonica reed plate with all of the reeds still there,
an oversized safety pin with a patent date of 1883,
and the usual ghost town junk.
View attachment 2240570View attachment 2240571View attachment 2240572View attachment 2240573View attachment 2240575
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!
 
Fantastic finds Congrats!!!
 
Took a drive into Arizona yesterday to do some recon on a new spot I've been looking into. It turned out to be a dud, all of the viable hunting area was behind 'No Trespassing' signs. :BangHead:
It just so happens that my new favorite ghost town wasn't far out of the way heading home.
My very first target there was a 1885 dime!
A little bit later I popped the great seal button, my first!
Also got a harmonica reed plate with all of the reeds still there,
an oversized safety pin with a patent date of 1883,
and the usual ghost town junk.
View attachment 2240570View attachment 2240571View attachment 2240572View attachment 2240573View attachment 2240575
Very nice finds Oldmxrat. Nothing like an old silver to brighten up the day. Sorry your recon trip didn't pan out. Always frustrating. Especially those darn "no trespassing" signs. However...you certainly rallied, and ended the day on a winning note!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom