What's new

✅ SOLVED Another Old Yard Find...Piece Of Hardware w/Screws

Natman

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2007
Messages
2,495
Reaction score
477
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hazelwood, MO
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all...not sure what this is. It's 4" long, one of the screws was still in the hole. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Nat
 

Attachments

  • 48387201_344654209661144_5270380898934587392_n.webp
    48387201_344654209661144_5270380898934587392_n.webp
    69.8 KB · Views: 113
WAG - part of an old window shutter hinge? (The Gudgeon).
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Don't think they made car parts with wood screws Tommy....unless it was a "Woodie"...
 
Upvote 0
Although the hole on the end is usually bigger on the one's I'm familiar with, I'm going to still say it sure look like a piece from a toilet seat hinge.
 
Upvote 0
Although the hole on the end is usually bigger on the one's I'm familiar with, I'm going to still say it sure look like a piece from a toilet seat hinge.

Initially, I too was thinking 'window' related... but vhs' suggestion makes the most sense! :thumbsup:

Here are a couple of examples I found online.

Dave
 

Attachments

  • toilet-seat-hinges-screwfix-toilet-seat-hinges-nz.webp
    toilet-seat-hinges-screwfix-toilet-seat-hinges-nz.webp
    9.3 KB · Views: 82
  • wooden-toilet-seat-hinges.webp
    wooden-toilet-seat-hinges.webp
    5.4 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks all for your input!
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom