What's new

Another one bites the dust, RIP MD-Hunter Blog

Sand Swinger

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2025
Messages
709
Reaction score
1,819
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field PI
Minelab Sovereign Elite, Minelab X-Terra Elite
Previously owned: Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro & XS-2 Pro,
Garrett ATPro & ACE 350,
Fisher 1220X, White's Coinmaster IV, Heathkit.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Damn, I was just on MD-Hunter Blog last night. Went back on just now, refreshed to see if there were any new stories and saw this.

With all the increased competition we all seem to be facing, at least on the beaches, it’s a wonder we’re losing these types of detecting sites. There seems to be more people into detecting than I’ve ever seen in the last 56 years, so scratching my head why we continue to lose good websites.
 

Attachments

  • MD-Hunter Blog RIP, 9-8-25.webp
    MD-Hunter Blog RIP, 9-8-25.webp
    149.3 KB · Views: 92
Upvote 0
They're all posting on Facebook, Youtube, TicTok, Reddit, and Instagram now. The robber barons of the tech industry. Even Hutchbook.com shut down this year after decades. It's like watching the internet's consolidation into one huge corporation just like Rockefeller did with Standard Oil.
 
They're all posting on Facebook, Youtube, TicTok, Reddit, and Instagram now. The robber barons of the tech industry. Even Hutchbook.com shut down this year after decades. It's like watching the internet's consolidation into one huge corporation just like Rockefeller did with Standard Oil.
A guy on another forum replied that MD-Hunter was based in Ukraine, and that might have something to do with closing due to all the turmoil they're dealing with over there. I just hope the owners are OK over there.
 
Hmmm, maybe all is not lost with MD-Hunter after all. At the bottom of their R.I.P. announcement is this:

Respect for NOKTA MAKRO Україна
(I unlinked this just in case, so it would conform with any forum rules about linking to other sites).

I didn't know what that meant so I clicked on that link and another Ukrainian site popped up, looks much bigger and more professional than MD-Hunter. A little translate window popped up so I was able to translate the site into English. BUT I noticed when I clicked the “News” tab at the top, there were the blog posts I had been reading on MD-Hunter’s blog.

So maybe MD-Hunter changed and moved to a bigger platform, or maybe this site picked up MD-Hunters blog posts and integrated them into their site. They're both apparently Ukrainian so maybe all is not lost after all.
 
This is a site that can't even host a decent video unless its from youtube....video is what drive all those sites that the stubborn old folks refuse to accept. Sites like this and other blog type sites will be going the way of the dinosaur....the only thing that caught anybodies attention was the banner scroll....now thats gone, and the only thing here is dated and old, and has no features that the Instagram and tick toc can offer....also the people involved in metaldetecting and treasurehunting are about 100x what's going on here.....its not even close....and if you thought there were some top level hunters here.....you should see some of the stuff being found around the world.....many more people from all over the world posting on the other platforms. As much as I love t-net and will remain here.....it has dropped off significantly since the banner disappeared. The banner scrolling hooked thousands of scrollers as soon as they opened this site there attention was riveted to the banner scrolling by. It was the one distinguishing feature that made this site popular. There are many here that also share the other much more active sites.....often times t-net is mentioned as an old fashioned site that is on the way out. I know this because we all talk over there.
 
This is a site that can't even host a decent video unless its from youtube....video is what drive all those sites that the stubborn old folks refuse to accept. Sites like this and other blog type sites will be going the way of the dinosaur....the only thing that caught anybodies attention was the banner scroll....now thats gone, and the only thing here is dated and old, and has no features that the Instagram and tick toc can offer....also the people involved in metaldetecting and treasurehunting are about 100x what's going on here.....its not even close....and if you thought there were some top level hunters here.....you should see some of the stuff being found around the world.....many more people from all over the world posting on the other platforms. As much as I love t-net and will remain here.....it has dropped off significantly since the banner disappeared. The banner scrolling hooked thousands of scrollers as soon as they opened this site there attention was riveted to the banner scrolling by. It was the one distinguishing feature that made this site popular. There are many here that also share the other much more active sites.....often times t-net is mentioned as an old fashioned site that is on the way out. I know this because we all talk over there.
I belong to 5 detecting forums, 3 of which I started with back in 2010, Tnet is one. I just couldn't remember my screen name/log-in details so wound up having to create a new screen name for each site. So, most think I've only been here since Jan 2025, but it's actually 2010, lol.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom